How Can I Prevent Further Dye Transfer from a Purse to Clothing?

I recently bought a pink purse from Honduras. I used it on the way home, but later noticed that it had bled pink onto my white skirt. How can I keep the purse the same color it is, but prevent bleeding onto my other clothes?

By Jenn

Answers

3m makes a spray on product that protects things like straw items. Maybe it works for leather. But if you bought it you'd have to test it on your purse and then pink dye on white clothes again problem!

Sorry I don't know the name but I've bought it at my regular grocery store so I'm sure they'd have it at Home Depot, Lowes Hardware, Walmart, Target. I buy it in the laundry products aisle, around where the Static Guard is. Or I'd go to your local shoe repair shop and ask them their advice. I'll bet they can help.

Good luck!

Home and Garden Repair ClothingJuly 22, 2010
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Man Washing Clothes
Preventing Dye Transfer When Washing Clothes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Photo of a tie dyed fabric.
Removing Fabric Dye Stains
🎄