Easy Potluck Idea: Crockpot Roast Beef Sandwiches

Here is a wonderful easy hit to bring to those office potlucks or family reunions, or any other kind of gathering where everyone has to bring something. I always like to put a roast in my crock pot the night before, bring it with you the next day and you have perfect roast beef sandwiches for everyone at a fraction of the cost of what it be to make a huge salad or dessert!

By Robin from South Sioux City, Nebraska

What a great idea. Tell me, do you put anything in with the roast, and what kind of roast do you use...any more details would be greatly appreciated.

I did this several times and learned that someone in the group became a roast hog! It doesn't take but one person returning to the pot to almost wipe it all out, bragging about how delicious the roast is all the way out the door! I recently bought a Hormel precooked roast in the dairy case which absolutely amazed me! I was on sale and was the most delightful, better than I could ever cook, roast in the world, so I plan to buy it when I can for just me and my grandson! I love the idea of using a crockpot, but beware of the hogs who love roast more than manners!!! : Q

Estella, I have a recipe with a little zing to it, but is nearly the same as Robins. Here goes;I buy a 3# lean pot roast. The added ingredients are,1 pkg. onion soup mix, 1pkg. Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix (or equivilant) and 1/3 cup water. Mix together and pour over roast in crock pot and cook until meat "falls apart". Shred or dice (if you can) and serve on hamburger rolls or small dinner rolls.

I hope you try it and like it.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Crockpot CookingFebruary 7, 2007
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Roast Beef About to be Sliced
Recipes Using Roast Beef
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Healthy Crockpot Recipes
Roast Beef on Table
Roast Beef Recipes
🎉
🎄