Roast Beef Recipes
A beef roast is a popular meat lover's main entree when well seasoned and cooked to perfection. This page contains roast beef recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
This is the way to make the most tender roast ever. I make mine this way and they fall apart.
- 3 lb beef chuck or shoulder roast
- 16 oz can seasoned stewed tomatos
- 2 cups cubed potatos
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 1/2 tsp dried cumin
- 1 pinch dried dill
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Place all the veggies and 1/2 the rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper and the beef broth and water in a bowl. Combine well.
- Rub the rest of the herbs, salt and pepper and all the cumin all over the roast. Set the roast in the middle of a large roasting pan.
- Pour veggies and broth mixture all around the roast slowly, spreading it evenly.
- Pour the stewed tomatoes over the top of the roast, keeping it as much on top of the roast as you can.
- Roast in the oven for 2 hours, or until all veggies are tender and roast is cooked through and easy to pull apart with a fork.
I love roast beef when it's cooked perfectly. The way I like it is rare, so it's great to be able to cook it myself to my specifications. Then I slice away for meals and pack away for many lunches to come. Here is my simple recipe to the best roast beef. If you don't like it rare, just cook it a bit longer. I've added a temperature guide in the steps.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 3 lb sirloin roast
- salt and pepper (about 2 tsp each)
- 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Cover meat all over in salt, pepper, and spices. Wrap well and place in the fridge for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- Take seasoned meat of out fridge and allow to come to room temperature, about an hour. Preheat oven to 325 F. Place onion, carrots, and garlic in a greased baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the 1/2 cup of water.
- Place the meat right on top of the veggies. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for about 15 minutes per pound. Meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of roast should register around 115 to 120 F.
- Turn the oven off, loosely tent the roast with foil, shut the door and allow to sit for about 30 minutes. The temperatures for doneness are as follows: 130 F for rare, 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium and 170 F for well-done.
- Slice and serve alongside your veggies and any other sides.
Place roast in crock pot. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over roast. Place peppers and onion over the roast. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, and beer; pour over roast.Read More...
Place meat in roasting pan and fill half full with water. Sprinkle seasonings, onions and carrots on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 3 1/2 hours. Cool. Cut the meat into 1/4 inch slices.Read More...
Remove frozen meat from freezer and wrap loosely in foil. Turn oven to 400 degrees F. Make sure foil is wrapped, but loose across the top and at the ends of meat to allow heat to circulate.
Place meat in oven.Read More...
Rub roast with seasonings and let stand until room temperature. Place in roasting pan rib side down and bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 1 hour. Turn oven off. Do not open oven door!Read More...
This roast recipe is very good and nice for a change if you are tired of the more traditional roast recipes.Read More...
This was one of my mom's old standby recipes when I was a kid. Very yummy and good!Read More...
In small bowl combine onions, celery, peppers, oil and seasonings, mixing well. Place roast, fat side up, in roasting pan. With large knife make about 14 deep slits in meat to form pockets.Read More...
Combine onion, green pepper, garlic, beef bouillon and tomatoes in saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally until onion and green pepper are soft.Read More...
Put roast in heavy pot. Pour ingredients over roast. Cover tightly and DON'T peek. Cook at 325 degrees F oven for 3 hours.Read More...
A delicious glaze of balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and horseradish separate this roast from the mundane. This page contains the recipe for glazed rosemary roast beef.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.