Perfect Roast Beef
I love roast beef when it's cooked perfectly. The way I like it is rare, so it's great to be able to cook it myself to my specifications. Then I slice away for meals and pack away for many lunches to come. Here is my simple recipe to the best roast beef. If you don't like it rare, just cook it a bit longer. I've added a temperature guide in the steps.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 3 lb sirloin roast
- salt and pepper (about 2 tsp each)
- 2 Tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Cover meat all over in salt, pepper, and spices. Wrap well and place in the fridge for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- Take seasoned meat of out fridge and allow to come to room temperature, about an hour. Preheat oven to 325 F. Place onion, carrots, and garlic in a greased baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the 1/2 cup of water.
- Place the meat right on top of the veggies. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for about 15 minutes per pound. Meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of roast should register around 115 to 120 F.
- Turn the oven off, loosely tent the roast with foil, shut the door and allow to sit for about 30 minutes. The temperatures for doneness are as follows: 130 F for rare, 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium and 170 F for well-done.
- Slice and serve alongside your veggies and any other sides.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.