Bottom Round Roast with Onion Gravy
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
January 24, 2017
The addition of vinegar would have ordinarily turned me off, but this recipe had many rave reviews that I printed it out a few months ago. The meat and the onions were on sale, so I made it tonight. It was a big hit and I will be making it again. It was easy and cooked itself while I did work around the house.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
- 6 onions
- 1 (4 lb) bottom round roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- Slice the onions.
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of a Dutch oven or heavy pot.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Put the roast on top of the onions in the pan.
- Add the vinegar and the bay leaf. Heat to simmering.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer 4 hours, or until done. Try not to remove the lid.
- When the roast is done, remove it.
- Mix the flour and the water.
- Pour into the drippings in the pot. Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened.
- Slice the meat, and serve with the sauce.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.