Burning Bushes Not Changing Color

Years ago I planted 6 burning bushes. Three have grown up really nice but for the fact that they have never (burned) changed colors, they are a pretty green color. Any ideas why? The other three just won't grow any bigger.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

Sandy from Mountain View, AR

I planted 5 burning bushes 2 years ago and the leaves turn red in the fall but then I am in a colder climate than you. That may have something to do with it.

Burning bushes have to be in the direct sun. I planted one and my tree is too close and it stays green. My aunt planted hers out in the open and it turns a beautiful red in the fall.

Are you in a cold enough place for them to lose their leaves in the fall? That's when it happens.

I'm in a cold climate. I did water it most every day during the summer. Have not done any mulching. Did prune in the spring. Is in open sun all day.

Burning Bush
Burning Bush Does Not Turn Red
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 3, 2008
Woman with dyed auburn hair.
Changing Your Hair Color
Roman Blinds
Changing the Color of Roman Blinds
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
Vertical Blinds
Changing the Color of Vertical Blinds