Softening Hard Coffeemate Creamer

By Ginger 1 1

My Coffeemate creamer is hard as a rock. Do I throw it away and buy more or can it be softened? If so, how?

By Ginger from Nashville, TN

Showing: Answers Sort

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

Some dampness must have come into contact with the non-dairy creamer so it's now solid. Cut away the container, and put it in a plastic bag and either hit it lightly with a hammer or use a rolling pin to break it up into granules. Then pour it into a clean and dry glass jar and use it up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By cckarl 6 Flag

Use a med. fine grater. In Colonial days sugar came in the form of large hard cones. Housewives often broke off a hunk then grated it finer for use. Kids got smaller broken pieces as a rare special treat. Works with anything that has caked/hardenedL brown sugar, sugar, salt, garlic powder, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Molly Ringer 45 Flag

Try putting a slice of fresh bread in with the coffee mate. This is what you do to soften rock-hard brown sugar and it works like a charm. Absorbs the excess moisture I think, or maybe it has something to do with the yeast. Either way, the next morning it should be soft again!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ginger 1 1 Flag

Thank you! The bread trick worked!

:)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Michelle Landreth 17 67 Flag

I live in the south too and have forgotten to put the lid back on the container and had the creamer to harden. Instead of throwing it away, I just added boiling water to the creamer and made liquid creamer. Works like a charm! I also use Coffee Mate or any kind of plain non-dairy creamer in the place of milk if I don't feel like running to the store.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By JMBSD 1 Flag

I put the container without the lid, in the microwave with a small dish of water for 45 seconds and then used a bread knife to loosen and break up the pieces, worked great. My microwave is a small wattage one.45 secs. may be too long for a more powerful one.

Balm Beach ON. Canada.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJanuary 1, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Clumped Detergent
Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent
Hard Bagels
Softening Hard Bagels
Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
A baseball glove with a baseball.
Breaking in a Baseball Glove
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:20:22 PM on 10.0.1.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings