Making Creamer Carton Pull Tab Rings
The little plastic pull tabs on coffee creamer can be used to make cute costume jewelry rings. This is a page about making creamer carton pull tab rings
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You know those plastic rings that you have to pull off the opening of the creamer cartons? Even some milk containers have them. I was looking at it the other day and thought man, there's got to be something cool to do with this! And I decided they would make good rings. Every ring is different, according to brand. But they seem to run about size 8.
I just love making things with what otherwise would be garbage. To save something and give it a whole new use is just exciting.:) Plus you'll have some new rings. Statement rings are really popular nowadays. Have fun!
Total Time: Under 30 minutes
- milk/cream carton rings
- button shank removers
- glue gun or jewelry glue
- google eyes, flatback gems, buttons, etc.
- As you can see, some rings are flat on top. These are the best, but you may want to rough the surface up a bit so that your glues adhere better, sandpaper or a knife will do.
- Most carton rings are domed on top. You will need to cut the dome off. Button shank removers work fantastically, they are small enough to really trim the corners well.
- Now glue a google eye on, kids would love this!
- Now a flatback gem, would be a great statement ring for a fancy dinner out! It's like 50 carats.:)
- And finally try a button. Remove the shank first. See?
- Have fun!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.