Microwave Soups With A Plate Underneath

I am most likely the only one in the entire country who just thought of this, but . . . I find by placing a salad or dinner plate under the bowl of soup or chili I am heating in the microwave oven certainly makes life easier when it's time to remove it. You need the plate for crackers or a sandwich anyway.

By Mitzi from DeLand

Very good idea!! Thank you, Mitzi

That is an ingenious idea! Wish I had thought of it myself. LOL Thanks for sharing and God bless you.

A plate under a bowl of soup or oatmeal catches boil overs and it's easier to remove a hot bowl from the microwave by grabbing the much cooler plate underneath it. Also a paper coffee filter inverted on top of the bowl (like a hat) stops splatters better that a paper towel that tends to droop down into the liquid and get soggy and they are probably cheaper, too.

You're probably not the last person that just thought of using a plate under a bowl of food being heated in the microwave. In addition to easier handling the plate also helps if the soup or liquid bubbles over. The mess is caught on the plate.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Microwave CookingJanuary 18, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Microwave Glass Plate
Uses for a Microwave Glass Plate
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
Wickker Paper Plate Holders
Using Paper Plate Holders
🎄
🍂