Uses for a Microwave Glass Plate

Category Reusing
Don't throw the glass plate from your microwave away when you discard the oven. This is a guide about uses for a microwave glass plate.

Before throwing away that broken microwave, save the glass dish that is inside. It has many uses. At the moment I am using one under one of my large houseplants to protect my floor from any water overflow. My daughter uses one as a food platter when having parties. Use one as a tray as long as you are careful - some are heavy. These glass dishes can serve many purposes, just use your imagination.

By mkymlp from NE PA / USA

When my microwave finally quit on me, I decided to find a use for the glass turntable.

I had purchased some nice glass plant stands from Cost Plus in the past and decided that I could make a similar base for my large African violet pot from the turntable.

My husband is a great lover of what he jokingly refers as LRF or little rubber feet. He is always finding something to attach them to. I took some of his larger feet and adhered them to the bottom of the turntable.

Next I added a pretty crochet doily with pansies and viola a nice plant stand that is also functional, in that is helps contain any drips.

When entertaining this holiday season and you find that you are in need of an extra platter, use the glass platter that's inside your microwave oven. Works like a charm.