Uses for a Microwave Glass Plate

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 170 Posts

Microwave Glass PlateBefore throwing away that broken microwave, save the glass dish that is inside. It has many uses. At the moment I am using one under one of my large houseplants to protect my floor from any water overflow. My daughter uses one as a food platter when having parties. Use one as a tray as long as you are careful - some are heavy. These glass dishes can serve many purposes, just use your imagination.

By it's.only.me from NE PA / USA

4 More Solutions

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 190 Posts

When my microwave finally quit on me, I decided to find a use for the glass turntable.

closeup of plant on glass plate.

When entertaining this holiday season and you find that you are in need of an extra platter, use the glass platter that's inside your microwave oven. Works like a charm.

Repurpose the plate and revolving stand from a non-working microwave to make a lazy Susan for condiments, or other things. This is a page about using a microwave glass tray as DIY lazy Susan.

A collection of spices on a glass tray, used in a microwave.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

My 11 year old microwave died and I salvaged the ring and glass tray from it and made a spice holder, using clear caulk to hold the ring in place. I placed the glass tray upside down on top of the ring, drew a 'template' of where the clear caulk needed to go, let it dry overnight, and it worked for holding the ring/tray in place.

A microwave tray being used to hold spices.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 15, 2012
🌻
😎
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-a-Microwave-Glass-Plate.html