Requesting Themed Gifts For An Anniversary Party

I am planning a 50th wedding anniversary party for my parents. I thought that I would request no gifts. However, I think my parents would really enjoy something for the garden. Both of my parents love to work outdoors. What would be the best way to relay this information appropriately? Any ideas?

There is no graceful way top request a specific type of gift for this occassion unless asked. Either put "no gifts" or do not mention gifts at all. Then if anyone asks what they would like, you can tell them something like "It really isn't necessary but if you want to get them a token they really enjoy their garden..,"

Stick with the "no gift" idea. Have had a 50th party, so know most people our age do not need much. They would get many more useless gifts for the garden that usefull ones. If they are like me, I would rather "pick out" the things I want, than get something I do not want.

What about each guest bringing part of their own cherished garden plants, for example grandmas' mums, dads heirloom tomatoes, adding the history on the tag is a nice touch? Then their grandchildren, children could plant for them!

It is not proper etiquette to request any kind of gift. People are invited to celebrate the anniversary with your parents and that sense of joy is lost when they feel obligated to also purchase gifts (especially if the type or price of the gift is dictated). Of course many people like to give gifts and if they don't have ideas as to what to get your parents they may ask, at which point you are free to tell them your ideas.

Holidays and Parties Parties AnniversaryApril 15, 2008
25th Anniversary Gift
25th Anniversary Gift Ideas
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
Anniversary Party
Anniversary Party Ideas