Expandable Wire Forms to Crease Pants

Do they still sell the wire expandable forms (rectangular) that were used to put a crease in pants? If so, where can you buy them and what are they called?

Moja from Westerly, RI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

They are called pants stretchers and I think Vermont Country Store has them, at least they did a year or so ago. You can go to their site and search for them.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try ebay first- it seems like they have everything imaginable.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

They are at Vermont Country Store for $14.95 USD. If you buy 2 pairs they are $14.50.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I don't know about the forms you are talking about, but if you want to put a permanent crease in pants use vinegar and water.


Make a more permanent crease by mixing 1 part water to 1 part white vinegar and spraying the solution on a thin cloth. Iron the pants through the cloth--do not spray the solution directly onto the pants. Iron until the cloth is dry; then remove the cloth and let the pants dry in place on the ironing board.

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Pants Stretchers

I have used these many times in the past. What a life saver for busy people. And no expensive cleaning bills.

To bad young people don't even know about them now.

I still have mine and still use them now and then. GG Vi

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

They are available on Amazon

ReplyWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Product FinderJanuary 11, 2008
More to Explore
ThriftyFun on Facebook
ThriftyFun on Pinterest
Enter a Contest
Free Newsletters
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Related Guides
Pants with a permanent crease.
Adding a Permanent Crease to Pants
Bailing Wire
Craft Ideas Using Baling Wire
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants. Baseball Player with Bat on White Background
Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 12:17:30 AM on in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.
To Top
Loading Something Awesome!