Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Expandable Wire Forms to Crease Pants

Do they still sell the wire expandable forms (rectangular) that were used to put a crease in pants? If so, where can you buy them and what are they called?

Moja from Westerly, RI

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Vi Johnson [231]01/31/2011

Pants Stretchers
I have used these many times in the past. What a life saver for busy people. And no expensive cleaning bills.
To bad young people don't even know about them now.
I still have mine and still use them now and then. GG Vi

By LEONA LABINE [40]01/14/2008

I don't know about the forms you are talking about, but if you want to put a permanent crease in pants use vinegar and water.
-------------------------------------
Make a more permanent crease by mixing 1 part water to 1 part white vinegar and spraying the solution on a thin cloth. Iron the pants through the cloth--do not spray the solution directly onto the pants. Iron until the cloth is dry; then remove the cloth and let the pants dry in place on the ironing board.

By Marty Dick [133]01/13/2008

They are at Vermont Country Store for $14.95 USD. If you buy 2 pairs they are $14.50.

By g.campbell (Guest Post)01/12/2008

Try ebay first- it seems like they have everything imaginable.

By Marty Dick [133]01/11/2008

They are called pants stretchers and I think Vermont Country Store has them, at least they did a year or so ago. You can go to their site and search for them.