Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

My son gave me several Corning Ware white glass bowls that have a deep yellow stain on the bottom. I have bleached, scrubbed, etc. Any ideas?

By Pamela from Shreve, OH

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You should be able to buy Bon-Ami which is a non-abrasive cleanser in most grocery stores. I've used it on all my Corning Ware and it does a beautiful job of cleaning.

I have a three piece set of Pyrex mixing bowls that I received as a wedding gift in 1964. One of the bowls has always had a small rust colored spot on it. The spot is just like it is embedded in the glass. I have tried several things to remove it and nothing works, and when run my finger over it I can't feel anything. Therefore I decided it is a flaw in the glass and quit worrying about it.

Have you contacted Corning to ask if they have a answer to your problem. They might even send a replacement to you.

I suggest putting hot water in it and adding a couple of denture cleaners to the water and let it sit all night. I do this also in our bathroom toilets, works like a charm. Good luck.

If it's baked-on grease, try oven cleaner.

November 14, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know how to clean silverware marks off of Pyrex or Corning, I've tried oven cleaner and scrubbing with a plastic scrubber and that didn't work.

Thunderckin

Answers:

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I use vinegar to clean mine. LP (04/28/2004)

By Lucinda

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I have been using my Corningware for 41 years. Corning does have a cleaner. However, I've always used Ajax cleanser to clean mine. Any cleanser will work. Just sprinkle a little on a damp cloth or paper towel. (04/28/2004)

By Ann from OH

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Baking soda (04/28/2004)

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Try using Bon Ami cleaner. Makes the Corningware white as new without scratching. (04/28/2004)

By Mari

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I think Barkeepers Friend will clean the marks off. It is a nonabrasive cleanser in that dept. at many stores. (04/29/2004)

By Chris

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Try using Cameo, copper, brass, and porcelain cleaner (green label). (06/03/2005)

By Marge,Protection,KS

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I believe Bon Ami works; however if you go to corelle.com you might find info there or there's a email address to write to. I've had this happen on my Corelle dishes where there are rusty marks or gray marks. It seems I wrote to them and they gave me info on how to remove and it worked. Just not sure I remember now! Pyrex, Corningware, Corelle are all pretty much the same, it is a type of glass. (02/03/2006)

By Debbie52

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Corning Cleaner is great for removing metal marks and stuck-on stains. It's better on Corningwear than Barkeeper's Friend or Bon Ami. (04/03/2006)

By Debbie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 14, 2010
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Cleaning Pyrex Pans
Cleaning Pyrex Pans
Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors
A white CorningWare casserole dish.
Cleaning Stained CorningWare
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:11:47 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.