Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

My son gave me several Corning Ware white glass bowls that have a deep yellow stain on the bottom. I have bleached, scrubbed, etc. Any ideas?

By Pamela from Shreve, OH

You should be able to buy Bon-Ami which is a non-abrasive cleanser in most grocery stores. I've used it on all my Corning Ware and it does a beautiful job of cleaning.

I have a three piece set of Pyrex mixing bowls that I received as a wedding gift in 1964. One of the bowls has always had a small rust colored spot on it. The spot is just like it is embedded in the glass. I have tried several things to remove it and nothing works, and when run my finger over it I can't feel anything. Therefore I decided it is a flaw in the glass and quit worrying about it.

Have you contacted Corning to ask if they have a answer to your problem. They might even send a replacement to you.

I suggest putting hot water in it and adding a couple of denture cleaners to the water and let it sit all night. I do this also in our bathroom toilets, works like a charm. Good luck.

If it's baked-on grease, try oven cleaner.

November 14, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know how to clean silverware marks off of Pyrex or Corning, I've tried oven cleaner and scrubbing with a plastic scrubber and that didn't work.

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I use vinegar to clean mine. LP (04/28/2004)

By Lucinda

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I have been using my Corningware for 41 years. Corning does have a cleaner. However, I've always used Ajax cleanser to clean mine. Any cleanser will work. Just sprinkle a little on a damp cloth or paper towel. (04/28/2004)

By Ann from OH

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Baking soda (04/28/2004)

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Try using Bon Ami cleaner. Makes the Corningware white as new without scratching. (04/28/2004)

By Mari

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I think Barkeepers Friend will clean the marks off. It is a nonabrasive cleanser in that dept. at many stores. (04/29/2004)

By Chris

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Try using Cameo, copper, brass, and porcelain cleaner (green label). (06/03/2005)

By Marge,Protection,KS

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

I believe Bon Ami works; however if you go to you might find info there or there's a email address to write to. I've had this happen on my Corelle dishes where there are rusty marks or gray marks. It seems I wrote to them and they gave me info on how to remove and it worked. Just not sure I remember now! Pyrex, Corningware, Corelle are all pretty much the same, it is a type of glass. (02/03/2006)

By Debbie52

Cleaning Pyrex or Corning

Corning Cleaner is great for removing metal marks and stuck-on stains. It's better on Corningwear than Barkeeper's Friend or Bon Ami. (04/03/2006)

By Debbie

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesNovember 14, 2010
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Cleaning Pyrex Pans
Cleaning Pyrex Pans
A white CorningWare casserole dish.
Cleaning Stained CorningWare