Moles and GophersPest Control

Voles In My Vegetable Garden

How do I get rid of voles in the vegetable garden?

Ken from Baltimore, MD

Hi You can try this -

http://www.next … m/gopher-rodent/

Those are sonic rodent repellants.

Or dig the dirt as deep as you want to plant things, removed the dirt, and put a "box" that you make of strong wire screen into the gardening spot/hole that you dug, before you put the dirt and plants or seeds back in there. Then put the dirt and plants/seeds in, fill the box ( made of screen) with dirt. The voles won't go through the screen. ( They like plant roots and stay low to the ground or slightly underground) Choose a screen strong enough and small enough holes, that they can't get through it. This might help.

If you mean moles stick pinwheels near the trails. You can get them at Family Dollar Stores for $1

Try putting unwrapped Juicy Fruit gum in their trails.This will get rid of them!

Wow. Thanks for the feedback. The juicy fruit gum treatment sounds to good to be true. I will try it. I also ordered some molemax. The little critters started early last season on the cumbers. Then the out side of the cantalopes. I put down moth balls.They seemed to have gone.Then as the garden matured,I went to collect some beautifully ripe lopes. When I picked them up. They were hollow inside. Nothing left but an emty shell. Under the shells I discovered small holes where apparently the voles got there fill. The hole were about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in dia. I want to plant honeydews this year also. Thanks again for your inputs. THE VOLE MAN.

Check to see if you have insects in your yard. I used to have insects, I think, because I saw birds come to eat them. Then, came the voles to eat the insects. So I would try getting rid of the food the voles eat.

I must tell you that I couldnt do anything to rid my yard of voles. I tried some of the gum methods as well as others, but was never able to do the job. Then we noticed a big snake in the grass. Since he came to eat the voles they are gone, but if I had a choice I'd have the voles back! lol...

Good luck!

tried

juicy fruit.

dug their tunnels everyday.

traps.

caught four snakes and moved em into the hood.

bombs.

sonic.

fox urine pellets.

juicy fruit/just made me wanna blow bubbles and i think they liked it cxause they stayed.

dug tunnels/futile

traps/smaps, just went around em

snakes/maoved back out

bombs/temporary just looked like cheech and chong stopped by

sonic/kept me up when windows open at night

fox urine/JACKPOT!!!!!

""""