Removing Candle Wax on Leather Furniture

How do I remove wax crayon marks from the surface of a leather sofa?

Lilly from Burlington Ontario

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

THANK_YOU FOR THE HELP!!!!

Dude, leather chairs are cheap as chips these days, just get another one.

Try http://www.intercounty.com/office_chairs/

Any other suggestions please?

The hairdryer definitely works, I tried it on my leather dining chair - just remember to keep the hairdryer moving and not to get too close with it. A good tip is to clean up with baby wipes with that have baby lotion in them. The leather will absorb it and prevent it drying out.

As some wax also dripped on to my varnished oak dining table, I can also testify to the credit card method working, for any residue left, I VERY carefully used the hairdryer (from a good distance) and good old baby wipes to finish off.

Did you ever remove the wax? Or did you ever buy a new chair? I just found some cheap chairs, really depends on what you are after.

http://www.workfurnituredirect.co.u ... p?main_page=index&cPath=71_76_90

Is there anyway to get wax stains out of patten leather? I have a purse that the wax seems to have stained it since the wax was left on.

Answer

I have a huge brown leather chair that one of the kids dumped a melted candle on. The candle was light blue. I thought when it cooled I could just peel the wax off but to no avail. I heard I could use an iron and a brown paper bag on furniture, but have never heard it used on leather. I am hesitant to try it. Is there anything I can do to get this wax off without ruining the chair? Thanks!

Mom of 6 1/2

You may be able to heat the wax with a hair dryer. Then as it melts wipe it up. I have used this method before, but not on leather. (01/19/2005)

By Aimee

Try putting an ice bag on the was and chill it thorougly. It should make the wax harder and easier to chip off the leather. The blow dryer idea would probably work too. Just treat the area afterwards to re moisturize the leather. If any color remains, try saddle soap to recondition and clean the leather. (01/20/2005)

By cjgeo

If cattle are branded, I would think they could withstand a little blow dry. (12/21/2005)

By the Oracle

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureOctober 5, 2006
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 23, 2016 at 1:32:12 PM on 10.0.2.131 in 484 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.