Ford Focus: Light On Dash Keeps Flashing

I recently bought a 2008 Ford Focus. Today after putting gas in the car a light started flashing intermittently. It's located on the very bottom left of the dash, it looks like a car with a giant lock symbol. We can't figure out what its for, and how to stop it. It doesn't flash while the car is running, only once its stopped. It's still flashing and the keys out of the ignition.

We double checked and rechecked the fuel lid. My husband has tried everything he can think of and it won't stop flashing. Everything seems to work fine, just this stupid light flashing. Any clue as to what this light means and how to stop it? It was fine up until we put gas in her, Regular as usual. Immediately upon starting the flashing light started.

Martha

Best Answer

Was late when this happened and everything was closed for the night, even the 1-800 number,

Called today and they said it was the anti theft lock, says it works when the car is turned off, Guess I somehow missed seeing it until this gas time... Stupid me ah.

Got my owners manual today too, Had to go pick it up, somehow it got missed in giving it to me.

Thanks for all the great advice, is much appreciated

Martha

If your car is 2008 I have to guess you bought the car brand new. I would look through the owners manual. I am sure there is an explanation for all dash board lights. If you can't find the answer there call your local Ford dealer and ask for the service manager. Ask him what the light means and I am sure he can give you the answer.

The owners manual or a quick call to FORD's 1-800 number will solve your problem in a jiffy.

Thats nothing to worry about. It's the alarm light its supposed to blink on and off whenever the car is shut off.

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceJune 6, 2008
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Light Colored Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Light Colored Carpet
Red School Backpack
Storing School Backpacks
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
🎄
🍂