Mocha Hazelnut Smoothie

Especially if you love having these often, you can save oodles of money making your own!

• 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1/4 cup Nutella
  • Ad
  • 2 tsp. instant espresso powder
  • 3 to 4 ice cubes
  • 1 cup vanilla ice cream

Combine the milk, Nutella, and espresso powder in a blender and process until blended. Add ice cubes and process until smooth. Add ice cream and process until smooth, and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Wow that's an awesome idea. I have a whole tub of Nutella in the cubpoard and don't enjoy it on breads or crackers. I am trying this out when I get home! :) Thank you!

Sounds great!

I make something similar (but not as delightful) for my regular coffee. I use Nescafe instant coffee for an added kick. I think it's the best tasting instant coffee, but recently the price has shot through the roof! What was $5 a jar is now $8.50!

Where do you get your instant espresso powder, what brand, how much is it running? I'd appreciate any hints.

Can't wait to try this, it sounds like it's gonna be amazing. :-)

It sounds delicious but how many calories does it have? Instant espresso is available from, if you can't find it in your supermarket! Not cheap, about $5.00 + S/H.

Thank you guys for all the comments so far :-)

Bacawind, I use Medaglia D'oro brand and purchase it from my local Safeway grocery store for $4.00 for a 2 oz jar. I know 2 oz doesn't sound like much but you only need 2 teaspoons for one serving for this recipe and I get 20 servings per jar.

Graymare47, I am sorry but I have no clue how many calories are in my recipe because I don't count calories. I've just always known how much of anything I should or shouldn't have per day by listening to my body. You can easily figure out the calorie count by looking at the packaging for the milk, Nutella and ice cream if you need to.

Yummy, yummy, yummy!

Food and Recipes Recipes Beverages SmoothieMay 24, 2011
starbucks sign
Saving Money at Starbucks
Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipes
Nutella on Bread
Tips and Recipes Using Nutella
Mocha Pudding Recipe
Mocha Pudding Recipe