Tips and Recipes Using Nutella

A chocolate flavored hazelnut butter that can be used in a variety of delicious ways. This guide contains tips and recipes using nutella.

Especially if you love having these often, you can save oodles of money making your own!

Have you tried the Nutella Hazelnut spread? Nutella is mixed with skim milk and cocoa and it is great when spread on celery stalks. The celery softens and lightens the taste of the Nutella and you can make snack size chunks for party platters. It is less fattening than Nutella on toast and easier to eat.

Thanks for reading!

By Joseph from Laval West, Quebec, Canada

Getting your money's worth from Nutella! Add some ice-cream to your nearly empty jar of chocolate spread. That way, you are surely getting every penny's worth!

I am looking for a recipe that appeared in Woman's World magazine around the end of Feb. or beginning of Mar. for double or triple chocolate cheesecake that used Nutella.

By Yankgirl from Cape Coral, FL

Answers

Best Answer

Hi, it's black and white cheesecake in the March 9 issue:

30 vanilla wafer cookies
2 tbs plus 1 2/3 cup sugar
3 tbs butter, melted
4 pkgs 8 oz cream cheese room temp
5 eggs
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 jar nutella
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted, cooled

Position racks in center and lower third of oven. place large roasting pan on bottom oven rack, fill halfway with water. preheat oven to 325 coat 8 in spring form pan with cooking spray. in food processor grind cookies and 2 tbs sugar until fine crumbs form stir in butter, press to bottom of pan

On med high speed beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until fluffy 2-3 min. beat in eggs, one at a time add 1/2 cup cream, flour and vanilla beat until combined.

transfer 4 cups batter to bowl. reserve at room temp add 1/2 cup nutella and cocoa to remaining batter. beat until blended. spread nutella batter over crust.
bake until top is set, about 30 min. remove from over. spread reserved vanilla batter over nutella layer. bake until center jiggles about 55 min. run knife around edge of cake to loosen. spread remaining nutella over top of warm cheesecake. cool completely on rack, cover and refrigerate overnight

transfer melted white chocolate chips to small plastic food storage bag, snip hole in one corner and drizzle over cheesecake.

Can anyone give me suggestions for using Nutella?

By Barbara from Boerne, TX

Answers

I've been using it as a small treat by dipping soda crackers in it with a small amount of nutella on and enjoying a small nibble.

My kids love it when I buy the store crescent rolls and unroll them individually, spread nutella on them, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, roll them up as directed and bake. I think I bake them a little longer than the directions say, but I just check on them frequently until they look golden. This is our version of choc. crescents. It is a special treat at my house, usually for the first day of school's after school snack. Enjoy.

Go to foodnetwork.com, type in nutella recipes. Offers a variety of recipes.

Either food.com or allrecipes.com have a great recipe for nutella cake. I made it for my son's birthday and it was a huge hit! Absolutely delicious.

Make filling for pairs of plain cookies or crackers,sandwiching the Nutella between them. Fill cake layers, make cupcakes, hollow out a center hole 1/2 way in center of cake, fill with Nutella, put the reserved cake bit back on top and ice the cupcake. I would even try using the Nutella to marbleize a white layer cake or pound cake mix. Ice plain cookies on the outside too and add sprinkles; use in s'mores in place of chocolate.

I like Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches. Sometimes I add a little bit of honey and/or sliced bananas. Depending on my mood, I either eat them as-is, or I pan fry them like you would grilled cheese.

Use Nutella like you would use Peanut Butter. I make sandwiches, put it on pancakes, toast and just eat it right from the jar by the spoonfuls. Nutella is made from Hazelnuts where Peanut Butter is made from Peanuts.

I spread on chocolate covered graham crackers, then put a scoop of coffee ice cream on one and top with the other. A wonderful ice cream sandwich. Good enough for company!

Make your own: one can sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, 1 stick of butter, melt in microwave 40 second intervals stirring until smooth. Add 1 tsp vanilla. To make it "Nutella" add 1/2 tsp hazelnut poweder. Mmmm.
Nutella can be melted in micro & poured on ice cream too! Yum!