Uses for Nutella

Can anyone give me suggestions for using Nutella?

By Barbara from Boerne, TX

I've been using it as a small treat by dipping soda crackers in it with a small amount of nutella on and enjoying a small nibble.

My kids love it when I buy the store crescent rolls and unroll them individually, spread nutella on them, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, roll them up as directed and bake. I think I bake them a little longer than the directions say, but I just check on them frequently until they look golden. This is our version of choc. crescents. It is a special treat at my house, usually for the first day of school's after school snack. Enjoy.

Go to foodnetwork.com, type in nutella recipes. Offers a variety of recipes.

Either food.com or allrecipes.com have a great recipe for nutella cake. I made it for my son's birthday and it was a huge hit! Absolutely delicious.

Make filling for pairs of plain cookies or crackers,sandwiching the Nutella between them. Fill cake layers, make cupcakes, hollow out a center hole 1/2 way in center of cake, fill with Nutella, put the reserved cake bit back on top and ice the cupcake. I would even try using the Nutella to marbleize a white layer cake or pound cake mix. Ice plain cookies on the outside too and add sprinkles; use in s'mores in place of chocolate.

I like Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches. Sometimes I add a little bit of honey and/or sliced bananas. Depending on my mood, I either eat them as-is, or I pan fry them like you would grilled cheese.

Use Nutella like you would use Peanut Butter. I make sandwiches, put it on pancakes, toast and just eat it right from the jar by the spoonfuls. Nutella is made from Hazelnuts where Peanut Butter is made from Peanuts.

I spread on chocolate covered graham crackers, then put a scoop of coffee ice cream on one and top with the other. A wonderful ice cream sandwich. Good enough for company!

Make your own: one can sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, 1 stick of butter, melt in microwave 40 second intervals stirring until smooth. Add 1 tsp vanilla. To make it "Nutella" add 1/2 tsp hazelnut poweder. Mmmm.

Nutella can be melted in micro & poured on ice cream too! Yum!