Wall Color to Match Red Couch and Camel Carpet

What would be the best color for walls, with a deep red couch and camel carpet?

Darryl from Harrisburg, PA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By joan pecsek 88 545 01/25/2008

Camel, a couple of shades darker than the carpet. Brown would be nice also but with the dark red sofa it might be kind of dark.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lois (Guest Post) 01/28/2008

This sounds like my living room. I painted opposing walls navy, and the rest a light cream. I love it!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By falldowngobump 1 50 01/28/2008

I think a mossy green--not too dark in color value would be beautiful. Shades of green and red usually compliment each other.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 01/28/2008

How about a tan, and use a Confederate blue or forest greet for accent pillows, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Laura 5 29 01/30/2008

I would do a a combination: I would pin stripe the wall. It is very easy, I did it in my bedroom. Paint the wall with the couch on it two shades darker that the carpet in a nice muted tone flat paint. Measure how thin you want the pin stripes (the thinner the more elegant) with painter's tape as a guide place the tape around the wall leaving a space between the tape to paint the same red color of the couch. Choose a semi gloss muted red paint. The opposite wall can be painted with a nice green color.
The two remaining walls can be painted with a paint a shade darker than the carpet.

I know it sounds like much. But the green really goes good with Red. My living room has carmel carpet, cream color couch and a kelly green wall that was color washed with gray behind the couch. It looks like aged stone, that has turned green.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By katy (Guest Post) 03/17/2008

i have a camel colored couch and was thinking of painting one wall dark brown with accent lighter brown walls. i tried to match my camel couch with a dark brown and none seemed to work very well. make sure you are careful if you choose a dark brown because it may be harder than you think.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By K (Guest Post) 01/06/2009

I have a red couch and I painted the walls a country blue. I love it. My tables & entertainment center are black. and have some touches of red accents in the room. I have wood floors and grey area rug!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Cathy 11 72 09/24/2009

A Candlelight ivory would be lovely.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No