Freezing Peaches

How do you freeze peaches?

Elsie Rogers from California

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

peel by dipping them in boiling hot water then into very cold water (to stop the "cooking" from the heat) if the skins don't slip off easily you didn't dip them long enough. then just slice and put in freezer bags or containers. you can add sugar before freezing.

I just peel my peaches, then slice them up in a bowl and sprinkle some sugar on them. Then I divide them up into freezer bags and put them in the freezer. They are wonderful, and I don't have to cook them first.

Make sure that they are nice and ripe and dip them in boiling water for a few seconds, then an ice water bath and the peelings should just slide off.

After slicing, I also dip them in a bath of a solution of Fruit Fresh and water, and drain before I freeze them. One year I had a whole batch look like it was dipped in strong tea (and tasted terrible)!! I learned my lesson very quickly!! Since I have used Fruit Fresh, I have never had that problem.

When using frozen peaches to make a pie, try a cup of sour cherries or blueberries with the peaches. WOW does it taste GOOD!!!!

Frozen peach slices.
Freezing Peaches
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesSeptember 4, 2006
A jar of canned peaches.
Canning Peaches
Peaches Growing on a Tree with Blue Sky in Background
Growing Peaches
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:37:15 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.