Color Bled on Comforter in Wash

I read through the bleach + boiling water idea and other posts. I'm concerned about the color bleeding more on my daughter's comforter. I washed the cold water, gentle cycle only, polyester comforter accidentally on the warm/warm cycle and didn't discover the color bleed until after it came out of the dryer still a little damp. Has anyone tried this method at a lower temperature with success? Has anyone tried this method with a partially dried item with success? Rit Dye remover? Oxiclean?

By JenZ from Grand Rapids, MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

There is something you can buy now that takes care of that but I can't think what it is called. But if you look in the detergent section, you will see it.

Anytime I think something will bleed while being washed, I use Shout Color Catcher. It is in the detergent section of the grocery isle. I wouldn't be without it. It is made by the Johnson Company and comes in sheets. Whenever I wash something new like black or red, I always use it.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning Linens and BlanketsJanuary 27, 2011
comforter with alarm clock
Fixing a Lumpy Comforter
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
messy bed with white comforter
Keeping a Comforter on the Bed
End view of rolled comforter.
Make Your Own Comforter Cover
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 7:56:53 AM on 10.0.1.216 in 590 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.