Linens and BlanketsCleaning

Color Bled on Comforter in Wash

I read through the bleach + boiling water idea and other posts. I'm concerned about the color bleeding more on my daughter's comforter. I washed the cold water, gentle cycle only, polyester comforter accidentally on the warm/warm cycle and didn't discover the color bleed until after it came out of the dryer still a little damp. Has anyone tried this method at a lower temperature with success? Has anyone tried this method with a partially dried item with success? Rit Dye remover? Oxiclean?

By JenZ from Grand Rapids, MI

There is something you can buy now that takes care of that but I can't think what it is called. But if you look in the detergent section, you will see it.

Anytime I think something will bleed while being washed, I use Shout Color Catcher. It is in the detergent section of the grocery isle. I wouldn't be without it. It is made by the Johnson Company and comes in sheets. Whenever I wash something new like black or red, I always use it.