Canning Harvard Beets

I need a recipe for canning Harvard beets. Thank you.

Elizabeth

Beets must be canned with a pressure cooker. Botulism is the name of the game if you don't. Any state extension service can be Googled up for information and simple recipes. I use the Ball blue book, the ultimate wisdom book for canning/freezing anything.

You do not need a pressure canner/cooker if you make pickles. The Beets do not have the proper PH/ACID to make it safe for open kettle. I run across people who say their grandmothers did this. Well, in our day and age of SUE SUE SUE, do you really want to risk killing someone with a bad batch of beets for the sake of your memories and pride?

It is not safe to can them any other way.

http://www.freshpreserving.com/ is the BALL recipie website.

Just got a 5+ gallon bucket here yesterday and I am making pickles rather than borrow my sister's pressure canner. Now recipes for those I got. Friend's grandmother's recipe. My dad who is 82 said the best recipes are the handed down ones (but processed safely.) I will get about 3 doz jars of pickles for him.

Safe canning!

Beets can be water bathed if they are pickled. I do the spicy pickled beets in the Ball Canning book. Not sure what Harvard beets are but the spicy pickled beets are excellent when chilled.

Canning Harvard Beets
Canning Harvard Beets
Food and Recipes CanningSeptember 16, 2010
Canning Beets, Drying Beets, Growing Beets, Selecting Good Beets, Peeling Beets, Freezing Beets, Fresh Whole and Sliced Beets
Peeling Beets
Canning Beets
Pickled Beets
Pickled Beets Recipes
Freezing Beets
🎉
🎄