A Coaster For Your Shaving Cream Can

I save the lids from the tops of Pringles chips cans and the tops from the Walmart generic Crystal Light mix. They are perfect for setting cans of shaving cream on in the shower. No more rusty marks on my tub end and windowsill from the can.

By Katie-Lou from FL

I recently found this! http://simplelogicproducts.com/ Hope it helps!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

July 21, 2010 Flag

I save the plastic lids from yogurt containers and use them as "coasters" for shaving cream in my bathroom shower. No rust rings! They also make handy, disposable holders for steel wool pads in the kitchen. Larger plastic lids make great disposable spoon rests if the utensil isn't too hot (both in the kitchen and when barbecuing).

By Denise from FL

Answers:

A Coaster For Your Shaving Cream Can

Painting the bottom of your shaving creme can with clear nail polish would prevent it from rusting. But your solution is easier and cheaper. (04/06/2007)

By Bob

A Coaster For Your Shaving Cream Can

Hey, Denise, I think that's a great idea! I just got a new sink/counter and am afraid the hairspray etc. will rust my new counter. Don't want that. Thanks for sharing that tip! Someone gave me some glass coasters for Christmas and I think I will put them in my bathroom since I use other crystal items. Don't know that I would have thought of that. Do you LOVE this site or what? Mitzi (04/06/2007)

By Mitzi

A Coaster For Your Shaving Cream Can

I have used lids too for various purposes. One thing I use one for is to cover the shaker top of my can of Comet cleanser. Once you remove the little paper cover, it's open. I found a plastic lid that fits the top of the can perfectly and then I don't have to worry about it getting knocked over.

When I used to do a lot of crafts and quilting, I used lids to trace and cut out pattern pieces. Plastic coffee can lids work perfectly for that purpose.

Lids come in so many sizes too and sometimes other shapes besides round. (04/07/2007)

By Debbie52

A Coaster For Your Shaving Cream Can

Thanks for helping me to find other uses for all the lids I've saved! God bless you. : ) (06/10/2007)

By Lynda

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 21, 2010
Shaving Cream on Black
Cleaning With Shaving Cream
Lifting paper away from the shaving cream.
Craft Uses for Shaving Cream
Coir Yarn Coaster
Making a Coir Yarn Coaster
Homemade Shave Cream
Homemade Shaving Cream Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 25, 2016 at 1:09:53 AM on 10.0.2.107 in 552 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.