Heated Cinnamon and Water for Room Freshener

I love to use a little cinnamon in water boiling on the stove to make my house smell a little homey. Sometimes when someone calls for a unexpected visit to make my house smell like cookies are baking, I just put cinnamon in a pot with water and put it on the stove to boil. The smell is so relaxing (like mom is baking cookies). The smell lasts much longer than the can sprays. Lot cheaper too.

Source: From a friend.

By Sharon from LA

Some other things that you can add are one or 2 apple cores, cloves, or citrus rind. Smells great!

June 3, 2010 Flag

If you have any cooking odors or just want your house to smell nice, place two tablespoons of ground cinnamon into a saucepan, add two cups of water and boil. Make sure water doesn't evaporate so have to keep an eye on it. It leaves a wonderful aroma through the house, fresh baked apple pie type aroma.

Source: Can't remember exactly where I received this tip, but have been using it for years.

By Lisa from Patton

I like to do this for holidays. I also put in orange peels, cloves, slices of apple (or even just the core). If you have a small crockpot or slow-cooker, it's even better! Just leave the lid off, or slightly off. (04/02/2008)

By Ann

Homemade Air Freshener Recipes
Homemade Air Fresheners
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 3, 2010
Perfume as Air Freshener
Using Perfume as Air Freshener
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Plugged in air freshener
Can You Refill Plug-in Air Fresheners?
flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners