Tigger (Maine Coon)

contest winner icon

Tigger, aka Her Majesty, is a 4 1/2 year old Maine Coon cat, according to the woman I adopted her from. She was posted on Craigslist.com as needing a new home due to the new foster kid, and the teen daughter's friend, was highly allergic to cats. I looked at the date the ad was posted and I decided right then and there to take her.

I have an especially soft spot for black cats because they are really mistreated by people just because they are black, and black cats are always the first to get euthanized at any shelter for lack of adoption. So, Tigger found a home with me. I don't particularly like her name, Tigger, but she responds well to it so why change it now at almost 5 years old? I call her Tigga-butt.

She is spoiled (yeah, in just three short months since I got her) and wakes me up in the middle of the night for me to reach under my low sofa and end tables to retrieve all of her many, many balls she bats there throughout the night. She puts her paw in my eye and her fishy cat food breath in my nose, then, she meows at me to get my lazy butt and fetch her toys for her so she can continue on. She is truly nocturnal and sleeps all day, then wants to play all night. Since I have to sleep sometime during the night, I fill Velcro bags I made from old socks with catnip and give them to her. I also fill her treat ball with catnip to bat around trying to get to the catnip.

Early in the morning she wakes me up to change her water because she has gotten dry food in her water dish. She does not like this and does not like to wait until I get up on my own. Her Majesty has spoken and I must obey! She loves to play with her toys, me and she gets crazy inside her cube, especially when I put my hand under it and scratch her fat belly.

I simply love all animals, but have a real affection for cats, especially black cats. I do love my Tigga-butt!

By Clara from Lakeland, FL

February 3, 2012 Flag

Tigger is a 7.5 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from an ad on Craigslist. Her adorable fat face just did me in.

Tigger likes to play with her 2 brothers, Chance and Little Man, with all the toys, mooch tuna from me, and spat at me when I try to get some blanket in my own bed. She is a big baby, and weighs 13 lbs. I call her my Tigga-butt.

By CeCe14 from Lakeland, FL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments
Maine Coon Cat
Maine Coon Photos
Pets Pet PagesJanuary 13, 2010
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Maine Christmas Charities
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:25:14 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.