Maine Coon Photos

Category Cats
Also known as American longhairs, these large domestic cats are known for their hunting skills. This guide contains Maine coon photos.

Does anyone know where to find a coon cat?

Sheila from IA

Answers

I am sure the breed of cat you are looking for is The Maine Coon Cat. Any good breeder can get you a purebred one or if preferred look up the characteristics of the breed online and look for a shelter cat that has most or all of them.

You can get a cat that is mostly Maine Coon from a rescue/shelter for the breed. I went to a breeder that I thought was reputable, but my cat had a serious mouth problem (he had to have his teeth removed) and it was very expensive, on top of what I spent on the cat.

I love him dearly and would have paid anything to keep him well. My point is only that you really need to check into the breeder you choose. If they are not CURRENTLY showing any of their cats, there's probably a reason.

We got ours from a shelter and I know some other folks who did the same. Beansy is a good boy most of the time.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

MooShoo Kitty is a 2 year old. While doing yard work on Labor Day 2008, we found him and his two siblings under a wood pile. We spoon fed them until they were healthy. We kept MooShoo Kitty for ourselves and found homes for his brother and sister.

MooShoo Kitty like to chase and eat moths. What makes MooShoo Kitty so special? We found him on the anniversary of losing my 18 year old cat Thumbpurr.

By Cynthia B.

Cat on refrigerator door shelf.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 21

This is Jazzy, our 5-year old Maine Coon. She was thrown out of a moving car as it passed our house. She is very sweet and sometimes haughty, but always transmits her needs and wants by her very own meow language.

By Kathleen

Closeup of beautiful grey cat with green eyes.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

Ollie is 2 years and 8 months old. He is a Maine Coon. My family gave him to me for my Mothers Day present in 2006.

He likes to follow me around. Help me eat my pineapple. Play with his toy Freddie. Pounce on my 9 lb. Siamese cat. Ollie is by far the most beautiful cat I have ever seen. And I don't believe I'm biased: :)

Ollie is 25 lbs., 46 inches long from tip of nose to tip of tail. His paws fill the palm of my hand. And his whiskers are about a foot wide. He is considered the "favorite cyber kitty" on my Weight Watcher General Daily Thread message board.

By MacGyverNut from Reno, NV

Three photos of Ollie.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Data is a 8 year old Main Coone cat. He was rescued by a truck driver who took him to a vet clinic where my friend was the vet. She called to tell me that she had 'found' a cat for me.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

Dandy is a 5 year old Maine Coon. He picked me by climbing into my lap on 2 separate occasions when I visited my best friend. He likes to play, bite, and carry around snack bags with marshmallows in them.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 18

Trudy is a 4 year old Maine Coon cat. She arrived at our door one nasty cold fall day. She was very sick and starving. Her fur was so thin you could see her skin.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Tigger is a 7.5 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from an ad on Craigslist. Her adorable fat face just did me in.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Socks is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I got her and her sister (Queenie) from a friend of my grand daughter's. They were just 7 weeks old then; they are 2 years old now.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

King George is a one year old Maine coon cat. This beautiful cat was dropped off here last September. He follows me like a dog, not a typical cat, not aloof but, very focused and loving!

We Love King George!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Zoe is 8 years old and a Maine Coon cat. I saw her on an Kijiji ad, then I contacted the owner, and they brought her to our home three days later. She loves to go outdoors, and watch the birds, butterflies, and moths at night.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Shnookums just turned 13, he is a Maine Coon cat I picked him out from a litter of kittens my aunt's cat had back when I was 7. He likes sun tanning, stretching, making muffins (kneading with his paws), reading over my shoulder, and doing tricks to get treats.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

Tiger, our male tabby Maine Coon mix, loves to take naps with his whoopee cushion. This is so funny to see him hold it and lay on it. It is a self inflatable one we got at the Dollar Tree. It really is soft.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Holly is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from the shelter. She likes to play with bags. She just had surgery 2 days ago.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Tippy (Maine Coon) Photo. Tippy is our 5 year old Maine Coon. Tippy walked into the door of our house 5 years ago on a hot summer night and never left.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Zoe is 8.5 year old Maine Coon. We got her from an ad on Kijiji.ca. Zoe likes to go outside when my husband lets out our toy Dachshund. She likes to intently watch the birds in the trees.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

This post is in memory of our darling cat, Desire. My husband and I adopted Des when she was just a tiny kitten, before we were married. She was from a litter of kittens from my mother's cat, Lily.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Tigger, aka Her Majesty, is a 4 1/2 year old Maine Coon cat, according to the woman I adopted her from. She was posted on Craigslist.com as needing a new home due to the new foster kid, and the teen daughter's friend, was highly allergic to cats.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 10

Lulu is a 6 year old Maine Coon cat. I got her at an animal shelter, 4 years ago.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Boots was 15 here and of an unknown breed, but possibly a Maine Coon. I got Boots 13 years ago, the same summer that I met my husband! She needed a home as her owner was pregnant and didn't want the cat around the baby.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

This is a photo of my baby girl a few years ago. Desiré was a kitten from my mom's cat, Lily, so she is a grandkitty. I've had her longer than I have been married. She is about 10 years old now and not quite as playful but still sweet. Don't try to rub that belly, she bites!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1
Load More