Maine Coon Photos

Category Cats
Also known as American longhairs, these large domestic cats are known for their hunting skills. This page contains Maine coon photos.

Does anyone know where to find a coon cat?

Sheila from IA

Answers

I am sure the breed of cat you are looking for is The Maine Coon Cat. Any good breeder can get you a purebred one or if preferred look up the characteristics of the breed online and look for a shelter cat that has most or all of them.

You can get a cat that is mostly Maine Coon from a rescue/shelter for the breed. I went to a breeder that I thought was reputable, but my cat had a serious mouth problem (he had to have his teeth removed) and it was very expensive, on top of what I spent on the cat.

I love him dearly and would have paid anything to keep him well. My point is only that you really need to check into the breeder you choose. If they are not CURRENTLY showing any of their cats, there's probably a reason.

We got ours from a shelter and I know some other folks who did the same. Beansy is a good boy most of the time.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

MooShoo Kitty is a 2 year old. While doing yard work on Labor Day 2008, we found him and his two siblings under a wood pile. We spoon fed them until they were healthy. We kept MooShoo Kitty for ourselves and found homes for his brother and sister.

MooShoo Kitty like to chase and eat moths. What makes MooShoo Kitty so special? We found him on the anniversary of losing my 18 year old cat Thumbpurr.

By Cynthia B.

Cat on refrigerator door shelf.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 21

This is Jazzy, our 5-year old Maine Coon. She was thrown out of a moving car as it passed our house. She is very sweet and sometimes haughty, but always transmits her needs and wants by her very own meow language.

By Kathleen

Closeup of beautiful grey cat with green eyes.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 16

Ollie is 2 years and 8 months old. He is a Maine Coon. My family gave him to me for my Mothers Day present in 2006

Three photos of Ollie.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Data is a 8 year old Main Coone cat. He was rescued by a truck driver who took him to a vet clinic where my friend was the vet. She called to tell me that she had 'found' a cat for me.

Tan and black cat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 15

Dandy is a 5 year old Maine Coon. He picked me by climbing into my lap on 2 separate occasions when I visited my best friend. He likes to play, bite, and carry around snack bags with marshmallows in them.

Stretched out on pet bed wearing a Santa hat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 18

Trudy is a 4 year old Maine Coon cat. She arrived at our door one nasty cold fall day. She was very sick and starving. Her fur was so thin you could see her skin.

Grey cat showing her belly.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 1

Tigger is a 7.5 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from an ad on Craigslist. Her adorable fat face just did me in.

Tigger (Maine Coon) a black cat lying down

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Socks is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I got her and her sister (Queenie) from a friend of my grand daughter's. They were just 7 weeks old then; they are 2 years old now.

Closeup of Socks the Cat

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

King George is a one year old Maine coon cat. This beautiful cat was dropped off here last September. He follows me like a dog, not a typical cat, not aloof but, very focused and loving!

We Love King George!

Grey and white Maine Coon.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 11

Zoe is 8 years old and a Maine Coon cat. I saw her on an Kijiji ad, then I contacted the owner, and they brought her to our home three days later. She loves to go outdoors, and watch the birds, butterflies, and moths at night.

Grey and white cat in garden.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 9

Shnookums just turned 13, he is a Maine Coon cat I picked him out from a litter of kittens my aunt's cat had back when I was 7. He likes sun tanning, stretching, making muffins (kneading with his paws), reading over my shoulder, and doing tricks to get treats.

Closeup of black cat.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 12

Tiger, our male tabby Maine Coon mix, loves to take naps with his whoopee cushion. This is so funny to see him hold it and lay on it.

It is a self inflatable one we got at the Dollar Tree. It really is soft.

Tiger with his whoopie cushion.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

Holly is a 2 year old Maine Coon. I rescued her from the shelter. She likes to play with bags. She just had surgery 2 days ago.

Grey and black cat with white chest.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7
Load More

Photos Pets CatsSeptember 17, 2013
📓
😎
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Maine-Coon-Photos.html