Concerns About Bathroom Plug Buzzing

When I tried to plug in my hair dryer this morning the GFCI in my bathroom buzzed whenever the prongs touched the outlet. There was also a small puff of smoke. The GFCI didn't trip. Anything to worry about?

Suzy from Denver CO

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Get an Electrician in urgently! you have a live socket and it is a hazard (My husband is an Electrician and I asked him)

Thank you for your quick response. We are replacing that GFCI tonight!

Thanks again

Suzy

Should she have plugged her hair dryer into a "dead

ocket"? It almost seems as if the grounding wire was doing it's job because of something else? What causes a "live socket?"

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Lighting and ElectricJuly 11, 2007
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors, Reflection in a mirror of boy drying his hair with a blow dryer.
Cleaning Bathroom Mirrors
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
buzzing in your ear
Buzzing in Your Ears
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 3:07:23 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 810 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.