When I tried to plug in my hair dryer this morning the GFCI in my bathroom buzzed whenever the prongs touched the outlet. There was also a small puff of smoke. The GFCI didn't trip. Anything to worry about?
Suzy from Denver CO
Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.
By lynda 07/12/2007
Should she have plugged her hair dryer into a "dead
socket"? It almost seems as if the grounding wire was doing it's job because of something else? What causes a "live socket?"
By Suzy 07/11/2007
Thank you for your quick response. We are replacing that GFCI tonight!
By Carole Coppard07/11/2007
Get an Electrician in urgently! you have a live socket and it is a hazard (My husband is an Electrician and I asked him)
Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.