Old Engish Scratch Cover to Stain Furniture

Instead of using stain, I use Old English Scratch Cover for dark wood. It seals the wood and looks like it has been refinished. I did this on a set of dowel rods that I am using for curtain rods. I also did it on a chair that had no finish on it and looks like it has been varnished. For thrift store furniture finds, I clean the furniture of all the old wax and dirt and rub the Old English on it. If there are any scratches on the piece, it seals them and makes the furniture look as good as new.

One thing about this, is to be sure the wood is good and dry before you put any kind of fabric on it or sit on it if it is a chair. Test the area with a paper towel, if the stain comes off you know to let it dry longer.

Source: My big brother

By Rosemary from Tipp City, OH

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingFebruary 21, 2011
Biscuits made from scratch.
Making Biscuits From Scratch
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Can of paint with a spill on white table.
Removing Paint Stains from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film