Organizing Shoes in a Small Closet

I live in a bungalow which has small bedroom closets. I need ideas on how to organize my shoes in my small closet. Thanks in advance!

By Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

I use those shoe racks that hang over the door. There is one on each of my bedroom doors.

Buy a large plastic container with lid to store your shoes in and slide under the bed.

There really is only two suggestions that I know of. You can place the shoes in a shoe bag which hangs from the inside of the closet door or you can place the shoes in a clear vinyl shoe storage unit that slides under the bed. The storage unit that goes under the bed is the better of the two suggestions because you are making use of the extra space under the bed which is out of sight and not creating the extra weight on the door of the closet plus you would have less space getting clothes in or out of the closet with the shoe bag over the door. They also have purse storage containers for under the bed as well. Not only do these storage compartments allow you to make use of small places but their clear vinyl tops allow for ease in selection, aids in protection for keeping articles clean and dust free and they also offer convenience and extra storage which is out of the way. Hope that your answers have been founded.

I guess that I should have mentioned that I have a waterbed, so under-the-bed storage units won't work. Thanks for the other ideas, though. Keep them coming!

I use over-the-door storage for my shoes and smaller purses. It is made of clear plastic and holds 30+ pairs of shoes!

I put in a coated wire closet organizer. Shoes go on the shelves, garments go on upper and lower rod. Nothing is on the floor except the large camera bag. Now, if it doesn't fit neatly in there, something has to go. I wish I'd done this years ago.

February 20, 2011 Flag

I would like ideas for shoe organizing in a tight closet space.

By creativewarmspirit from Cincinnati, OH

Answers:

Organizing Shoes in a Small Closet

The key for me is elevation. Making sure you have a few different shelves for the shoes seems to help. And only make the shelf height as high as necessary so you can get more shoes in the space! (09/10/2010)

By HomeCostumes

Organizing Shoes in a Small Closet

There are special 'over the door' shoe hangers that you can get at stores like Target or Wal-Mart. Most of them will hold about a dozen pair or more and are not really expensive. This one is only about $20.00. (09/11/2010)

By Deeli

RE: Organizing Shoes in a Small Closet

Organizing Shoes in a Small Closet

How about a shoe organizer like this? It probably takes up less than 1 foot of closet space. http://www.spacesavers.com/whm-paisley-shoe-drawer.html

(09/11/2010)

By crazyliblady

Shoes that are oranized on a shelf.
Organizing Shoes
Organizing ClosetFebruary 20, 2011
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
organizing a hall closet
Organizing Your Hall Closet
Organized Bedroom Without a Closet
Organizing a Bedroom Without a Closet
🎄