Homemade Pet Odor Remover

By SusanLee 4 8

I need something I can mix up really quick to neutralize odor on my furniture. I have three Boston Terriers and they do make themselves comfortable on the furniture with us. I can take the slip-covers off the seat cushions and wash them. I don't know what to do about the backs and arm rests that they lean against.

Three Boston Terriers on their beds in front of the fire.

Eventually we're going to replace all the cloth furniture with leather or something that can be wiped clean and doesn't cause dust.

What can I do in the mean time?

By Susan from Waynesville, GA

By Robyn Fed 394 1,240 Flag

You can take some baking soda and sprinkle it over the smelly areas. Let it sit overnight. The next day, vacuum the baking soda. The smell will also be gone. Also when washing the dogs laundry put some baking soda in with the wash, and also you can do this in the rinse water if you desire.

Here is a link about lots of uses of baking soda: http://lifehackery.com/2008/07/22/home-4/

I also like vinegar but most people can't stand the smell of the vinegar. By the way, I use Listerine as a cleaner around the kitchen, bathroom and as a hand disinfectant. I keep it in a spray bottle. I would not put Listerine anywhere where the animals can lick it off or get into it. I love it as a hand sanitizer though.

Just make sure you are not spraying Lysol anywhere or anything with Phenol in the ingredients.

Blessings, Robyn

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 1, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 10, 2016 at 1:49:47 PM on 10.0.1.112 in 652 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings