AdviceDogs

Dogs Eating Grub Worms

My dog is eating grub worms. I know this, as I saw her licking the ground where I had stepped on some. Then out of wonder, I threw one to her and she ate it like it was a great treat. What's up with this? I now wonder if this is one reason why she likes to dig in the yard?

By Carolyn from Kansas City

Best Answer

Isn't that gross? My silly dog eats house flies! Whenever one manages to get into the house, she will chase (hunt) it all over the place until she finally corners it and snaps it up. She's very pleased with herself, while I gag over it. :) I don't think grubs and worms hurt them, just protein. But toads are another thing, I know they can make dogs extremely sick!

Best Answer

Yes my dog will search out Grubb worms and crunch them like little tasty treats every night and day. I see her doing it I even take them away from her and she just searches for tasty treats. According to experts this is verry normal, but gross.

And my cat eats grasshoppers. Legs and all. Gross. But animals will be animals.