What Attracts Wasps?

Wasps seek me out? I cannot go outside without being swooped at. I went outside today for about 10-15 mins. and I was "swooped" at enough for the folks I was with were startled (6-7x). Is there something that attracts them and is there something that will deter them?

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Are you wearing cologne? Hair spray? Scented lotion? Wasps love these things.

If you're not using any of these, I guess you're just an especially sweet person!

Often bees and other bugs are attracted to what we use in our hair. I tell my friends when we go hiking, "No hair products!"

I do not know about wasps but I remember when I was little that my mom could step out the door and mosquittos would come after her from nowhere. They not be bothering anybody else but her. She went to the doctor and asked him about it. The doctor told her that she was lacking in some type of vitamin. She went and bought that vitamin and started taking it. NO MORE MOSQUITTOs. It was like a miracle.

rda

B vitamins!!

One thing that attracks wasps is meat and the smell of bbq. They also seem to like sweet drinks. Also don't wear any perfumes outside at all or any scented hair products.

You might try wearing a bug spray outside to try and detract them, one with very little scent. Also do you have a wasp nest around your house that you need to find and get rid of??

Repelling Hornets, Bumble Bees, and Wasps
Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsSeptember 4, 2007
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park Photos and Information
Wasp on Vespiary
Getting Rid of Wasps
A wasp's nest in the corner of a roof.
Keeping Wasps Away From Your Home
Growing Verbena
Growing Verbena
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 3:27:03 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.