Reusing Baby Medicine Drop Bottles

I have accumulated droppers from my son's medicines and vitamins. I don't want to throw it away. What can I do with them?

By meds

I use my dropper to get hydrogen peroxide out of the bottle to make it simpler to apply the peroxide wherever I need it.

You can use them to store homemade essential oils! They relatively easy to make, they just take a few weeks. You can use oils in potpourri, add to candles, add to vinegar & water to make a natural all purpose cleaner, use in homemade laundry detergent etc and so on. You can also make your own cooking extracts such as vanilla and lavender. These bottle would be perfect for them as well.

Keep the droppers for art projects with kids! Use them to drip drops of paint, food color, fabric dye, onto a white t-shirt or sweatshirt for a neat colorful something to wear. You could also offer them to a pre-school or kindergarten teacher who will have LOTS of uses for them!

If you have a lot of these things (like 10 or 20 or more), you can offer them to a school, for use in art or science. When I was teaching high school science, I could have used many sets of droppers in my science lab. An elementary school might also want them for science as they don't have the budget for science equipment that a high school has.

Thanks for the tip guys! :)

April 19, 2011 Flag

I've got a bunch of baby medicine drop bottles. I would not like to just throw them out, but find a good use for them. I am wondering of ways I can reuse them.

By Krystal from Kenora, Ontario

Answers:

Reusing Baby Medicine Drop Bottles

They are great for essential oils that don't have droppers, you can donate them, or turn them into mini vases! Good luck! (01/06/2011)

By Poor But Proud

Reusing Baby Medicine Drop Bottles

I would clean them thoroughly and maybe even swirl a drop of two of Clorox bleach in the dropper and in the bottle for sterilization. Ask the local veterinarian or the local animal shelter. Not only can these be used for giving animals their medications, but the droppers can be used for feeding sick animals who will only eat when everything is liquidy and sort of force fed by placing drops or two of liquid food or milk replacer into their mouths. I am sure that the vet and/or the shelter would love to have them once you give them the idea and let them know how well you have sterilized them. Good luck and I hope it does your heart good! (01/08/2011)

By gotaspellonyou2

Reusing Baby Medicine Drop Bottles

I use them to do artwork. Dilute the paint to water consistency, so you can suck it up into the tube of the dropper, and then just let the kids or yourself drop small drips onto paper, canvas, and fabric and let dry thoroughly. The results are really cool. You can mix several colors in different compartments of a Styrofoam egg carton, which you should not use for food. Also, good for fertilizing small indoor plants. (01/11/2011)

By LULUBUG53

Medicine Dropper
Uses for Medicine Droppers
Better Living Green Living ReusingApril 19, 2011
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
Eye Drop Bottle
Uses for Eye Drop Bottles
🎉
🎄