Use Olive Oil To Remove Sap/Pitch

My dog had stepped in a big pile of sap/pitch and it covered her whole left back foot. I read somewhere where butter would help. I tried a stick of butter and it was working but not as quickly as I would have like. I then tried olive oil and I rubbed it in her paw between the pads and it literally melted away. She had sticks and rocks embedded in between her pads. Poor girl.

Make sure when you do this, it is either in a bath tub or out side. Also another helpful hint would be to wash the area off with Dawn liquid dish soap. It will take away the oily greasy mess. :o) Hope this helps someone!

By Barbie from Wenatchee, WA

Woman giving a white dog a bath
Cleaning Tree Sap on a Dog
Pets Dogs GroomingJuly 20, 2008
Storing Olive Oil
Storing Olive Oil
oil lamp on white background
Using Olive Oil as Fuel for Oil Lamps
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 10:13:11 AM on 10.0.2.71 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.