Nest Made by Perfect Little Engineers

My boss found this Bee's nest (Hornet's?) in a high bush at my work yesterday. I went back on my day off hoping it was still there to take pictures. They were calling an exterminator to remove it.

Being a business and all its a liabilty with so many people being allergic. I just wanted to share this picture. It's so unbelievably big! It's about the size of a basketball.

I park my car pretty close to where it was found. We were all shocked that no one noticed it before. There's tons of holes all around it and the huge ugly black bees were crawling all over thru and around it yesterday but today it seemed there weren't as many.

Maybe the heat yesterday caused more to come out? The design is so amazing! My boss's words were "They are perfect little engineers aren't they!"

By Ariela from Jax, Fl

Wild Nest

Aren't they clever! It is a work of art.

I lightened the picture for you as I couldn't see it too well.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Monique

Thanks Ariela for sharing the picture with us and thanks to

Monique for making it possible for me to see it. It was

so dark that I couldn't appreciate the intricate details

of the perfection of those bees' industry. Truly a work of engineering artistry. Man could learn a lot from

these little guys. :)

Julia in Orlando, FL

Thanks Monique for lightening this for us!! I didnt have that option in my photo program! It was so hard to tell what this was made of.. looks alot like hair or feathers.. maby animal fur? Who

knows!And that part sticking out to the right looks like an entry way or somthing. The exterminator came and sprayed it but its still hanging there, I guess they wait a certain length of time to make sure its out of use. The size of those bees is unreal !!I If

you notice that opening hole in front there were a couple sittting

there. The day before this there were hundreds.Funny how I walked right under this every day to my car and never saw it.

Again.. thanks for lightening it.

Yes they are are great engineers but the hornets are a pain in the butt we had a lot last year that it was scary and trust me they make their nests anywhere.

ohh all I know is the pic gave me the creepies

and my skin is crawling!!!

are there any regular bees in there or just

bad hornets? I keep hearing how we are losing

bees and how much the earth needs them...

but gotta go my skin is still crawling

The nest is just Beautiful! GOD gives even the Hornet a special talent and purpose. Thanks for sharing!

But oh...their stings are painful!

meoowmom: I don't think these are regular bees. They are huge black and ugly. You can just feel them looking at you. For sure you steer clear. The regular bees at my home don't bother us as long as we don't bother them. We definitely need bees around, but not at my work, they couldn"t take a chance with there being so many etc. I think these were hornets. My daughter was stung a while back 3 times

by a hornet. Omg it was horrible. I never heard a grown woman scream like that before. We ran to 3 neighbors before finding someone who had baking soda. We made a paste with water and put on it let it dry and kept applying. Heck I never knew my daughter could swear like that.

How neat. Thanks for sharing. Crafty little devils! It almost looks like a flower.

Our local zoo has a program which allows any child to bring in things such as this nest to exchange for other interesting finds for science projects, framed diaramas, to study. You might call if you are near one and see if they offer points or would be interested in having the nest rather than just tossing it into the landfill. God's creation is most interesting, intricate, and well-designed, and children need to be able to safely observe and learn from it all.

Hello - you are welcome Ariela.

OFF TOPIC A MINUTE:

If your software doesn't lighten pictures you can try an online editor. No download; just adjust pictures on the site.

Go to adjustments and choose Brightness.

You can find it here: http://www.pixlr.com/app/

Bee happy:)

Monique

Photos WildlifeSeptember 5, 2008
Investing Strategies Stock Market Ticker
Investing Strategies
Bumble Bee on a flower.
Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest
A wasp's nest in the corner of a roof.
Keeping Wasps Away From Your Home
Removing a Yellow Jackets Nest
Removing a Yellow Jacket Nest
🎉
🎄