Garden: Angel Trumpet and Seed Pod - Categories:

FlowersGardening

Garden: Angel Trumpet and Seed Pod

This is just one of many Angel Trumpets blooming in my garden. The flower will only last one day and then forms a large seed pod. White Angel Trumpet Flower in Bloom

Being curious, I opened the very prickly pod. Although this is a toxic plant, you can see the perfect heart shaped seeds that is formed inside the pod. Just another proof of how truly amazing nature is.

Prickly Angel Trumpet Seed Pod Split Open to Show Heart Shaped Pod

By Sandra B. from Montvale, NJ

Although it is beautiful flower, it is very invasive. I am still pulling them out of my flower bed. But let me tell you a story about them and you might want to think twice about whether to plant them. I had some by the front of my house and apparently the seed blew into my veggie garden in a row of lettuce. When I cut the lettuce to eat, it looked just like the rest of the lettuce as I has planted a row of variety lettuce. I ate some for dinner and later that evening, I got so dizzy I could hardly walk. I didn't know at the time what was wrong. The next morning, I walked down to the garden and here in the lettuce row was a plant blooming. I had ingested some of the leaves unknowingly. By the way, the plant is technically known as a Datura. Here is a link that tells you all about it and how bad it can be if you ingest it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datura

October 6, 2011 Flag

When I turned on the porch light one evening this gorgeous Angel Trumpet bloom caught my attention. It was even more spectacular at night than it was during the daytime. For the remainder of the plant's blooming period, I made it a point to go outside each evening to admire it.

By VeronicaHB

Pink and White Angel Trumpet Flower

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersAugust 2, 2011
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 29, 2016 at 12:14:17 AM on 10.0.1.131 in 992 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.