Softening Marshmallows

If you have marshmallows that have gotten old, stale, and hard all you have to do to make them soft again is to place them in a resealable plastic bag with a slice of bread. Let them stand until soft, which usually takes 1 or 2 days. Then you can remove the bread and the marshmallows should be soft again.

By Robin

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

you can put the marshmallows in the microwave for a few mins they will get soft or save the hard ones for hotchoc.

What a great hint! I had never heard of this so retrieved two small dabs of rock-hard mini marshmallows from the back of the pantry and tried this idea. It worked! I can tell already with just an overnight try that this is going to work beautifully. Thanks!

Comment

How can I soften up marshmallows that have become hard?

By Lisa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try putting a fresh slice of bread in the bag overnight. I know it works for cookies and rolls, it might work for marshmallows too. Cant hurt.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceFebruary 27, 2005
Clumped Detergent
Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent
Marshmallows
Substituting Marshmallows and Marshmallow Creme
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Storing Marshmallows
Storing Marshmallows
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 17, 2016 at 7:55:43 AM on 10.0.2.87 in 859 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.