Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Softening Marshmallows

If you have marshmallows that have gotten old, stale, and hard all you have to do to make them soft again is to place them in a resealable plastic bag with a slice of bread. Let them stand until soft, which usually takes 1 or 2 days. Then you can remove the bread and the marshmallows should be soft again.

By Robin

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By ronsan (Guest Post)02/28/2005

What a great hint! I had never heard of this so retrieved two small dabs of rock-hard mini marshmallows from the back of the pantry and tried this idea. It worked! I can tell already with just an overnight try that this is going to work beautifully. Thanks!

By (Guest Post)02/27/2005

you can put the marshmallows in the microwave for a few mins they will get soft or save the hard ones for hotchoc.

Here are questions related to Softening Marshmallows.

Question: Softening Marshmallows

How can I soften up marshmallows that have become hard?

By Lisa

Most Recent Answer

By Icandoit06/06/2011

Try putting a fresh slice of bread in the bag overnight. I know it works for cookies and rolls, it might work for marshmallows too. Cant hurt.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.