Scenery: Snow in Georgia

This is a rare thing for south Georgia to get 4 inches of snow and have it stick. I love how the sunlight is peeking through the treetops in the top left hand corner of picture. So pretty!

By Paula from GA

Thanks for sharing, we got snow in AL also. Is this Paula Phillips- in Miller County GA, near the Dunlaps? Good luck.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I lived in Atlanta for a short while back in the winter of 1975-76, and GA had snow that year. It looked just like your picture and I loved it. I'm an old Florida girl, and I had never seen snow except for once when it was just flurries. I think it's the prettiest site I've ever seen, but I'm sorry for all the trouble people have who must live and drive in it sometime. Enjoy it while you can. If there is anything to the "global warming story", we might not be seeing much of it again for a while. Thanks for sharing the beautiful picture. Julia in Boca Raton, FL

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I lived in Hinesville, GA for 4 years and it only snowed twice. It definitely beats the ice storms that were a bit more prevalant. I now live back in my native Cleveland, OH(Yes, I'm one of those GD Yankees!) Our snowfall total for this winter so far is 54.6"! I love Ohio, but I have fond memories of living in the low country of Georgia!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You captured it! Beautiful snow and a beautiful picture. Snow is rare indeed in south GA.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Yep, we got snow in Barnesville(middle Ga), too. And it was beautiful. I've got the sweet gum balls all over my yard,too. The snow that froze into ice was not fun,though. We had enough but so glad it's gone!

Reply Like this photo? Yes