Snow Scenery Photos

Category Scenery
A blanket of snow always gives a new outdoor view for appreciation. This page contains snow scenery photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is my granny's old house. So many fun times were spent here as a child, and so much was learned. It makes me smile every time I look at this picture. I hope you do, too.

By sissys sewing

Granny's House in Winter

Comment Like this photo? 22

This storm came early morning and lasted about 6 to 8 hours. It left us with 10 to 12 inches of snow. Many people were stranded on the interstate up to 10 hours. People had to leave the cars parked on the side of road. Many ran out of gas. Trees were uprooted and crashed on cars. Thousands lost their electricity.

Thankfully, we didn't lose our electric and stayed nice and warm in our home.This picture was taken off the deck in my yard in WV. The storm has been named "Fast and Furious!"

By dwedenoja

Comment Like this photo? 22

Last year we were "blessed" with a lot of snow. School was out, we were days off from work, and we did a lot of back breaking shoveling. Coming back from taking the dog for a walk, I had to reflect and look at the sheer beauty of it all. It truly was a "Wintery Wonder Land of Snow"

Source: Me

By Kathy Lam

Snow covered trees and lights in front yard.

Comment Like this photo? 37

While walking the dogs with my husband one day, I stopped at the top of the hill at the base of our driveway before going down into the snow. I couldn't stop staring at all of the trees looking so white! We do not get snow very often here in Coquille, Oregon. In fact, as a kid it was so rare that we'd only see a little snow every 5 years or so. Even then, there wasn't usually enough to make a snowman. So, seeing this much white in my area was completely exciting!

I do wonder if weather is changing. I have a neat book depicting the history of our little Coos County, and the pictures it shows from back in the 20's and 30's are covered in snow! In one photo, you can see our local community building (which is still there today) and it's drowning in the winter wonderland! With the snowfall increasing around here each year, I wonder if it will ever be that way around here again. If so, probably not in my lifetime, thank goodness!

Anyway, just thought I'd share my photo and thoughts with you today. This picture is a bit dated, I took it back in February of this year, but I just finished touching it up and you are one of the first ones to see it. Please always feel free to tell me what you think. You guys rock!

May God keep His watchful eyes upon you all the rest of your days!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

Snowy Railroad Tracks Winding Through Woods

Comment Like this photo? 19

We had a late snowstorm last week. We didn't get a ton of snow but it was enough to cancel school for the kids. My husband took some photos in the morning. I thought this one turned out particularly well. Can't wait for spring!

Crocus always make me think about my mom. I remember she used to call them "crokie dokies" and point them out. She was always waiting for spring too. :)

By Jess (TF Editor)

Crocus peeking through snow.

Comment Like this photo? 8

This a picture of the sequoia trees in front of the Washington County Courthouse. They don't look very large in the photo, until you notice the building behind them, which is 3 stories tall!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

I thought the snow looked beautiful falling in the street light but it was too wet to take my camera out in. So I set up my tripod with the front door open and got this image, which I am really fond of.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

This are two old shacks that I ran across years ago. I just loved the way they looked with the old hide drying, and the snow covering them. It just looks so serene, and yet shows an old fashioned way of life.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 23

This is a a shot of my husband surrounded by a beautiful scene of snowy silence around Christmas last year. We love to walk on our property when it's covered in snow because it is like a whole new world.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Here is a beautiful view I had out my bedroom window during the 2010 blizzard that hit the East Coast. It was starting to look like Christmas after Christmas.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 17

My friends just moved away and dropped off a picnic table that they were not taking with them. When they left, I noticed that where they backed up to leave, their pickup truck left tire marks in the snow that made two joining hearts.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This is a rare thing for south Georgia to get 4 inches of snow and have it stick. I love how the sunlight is peeking through the treetops in the top left hand corner of picture. So pretty!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

I snapped this pic of my friend's dad's first and last lobster boat, the Jackie Marie, up for sale down by the road. His very first lobster boat as a young man, he bought her back after 35 years and fully restored her to her original beauty.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

My husband and I were walking to the grocery store after an ice/snow storm trapped most of Georgia for about a week and I happen to have my camera handy.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

We don't often get snow in southern England by the sea, but have had two glorious days of it. Went walking to the beach and captured these colourful beach huts. Hope you enjoy the vibrant colours as much as I do.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

This is a picture I took in the back yard today. Hopefully, it is our last snow storm of the year.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This is picture of our back deck and back yard. I used the picture of the pine tree on my Christmas card 2010. I love the snow when I am on the inside, looking out or in a picture!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 34

I took this photo a few weeks ago in South Dakota. It had just snowed the night before, and all of the trees were heavy with snow. This stream is beautiful to take photos of all year round.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

We have had a lot of snow this winter, I enjoy the beauty of it. It's not much for driving in it, but I find it lovely anyway. The first picture is near my home, and the second one is out my back door.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

Spring time in Texas. This was taken the second day of spring! My little flowers were peeking through the snow to remind us that spring is here!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

This is a tree in our yard. I just thought it looked nice. This was after a snow storm.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

These trees so stood out against the white snow. It just took my breath away.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

These pictures are of my house when South Carolina got snow. I got up early that morning to take these because I knew that as soon as my three boys (ages 9, 11, and 13) woke up, it wouldn't be like that much longer.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

I was driving home on Rt. 60. I just thought the road and everything else covered in snow was so beautiful, I decided to take a picture as I was driving down the road.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This is the snow storm of March 2013. We ended up with about 18 inches.

Comment Like this photo? 6

This is a picture of our hottub in the background and our deck. Neither are usable today. Snow! We love it!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Would you believe it is still snowing in New Hampshire? This is a photograph from the back porch of the house. Every year, we cut down one of these trees to use as our Christmas tree.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This is our new backyard. Since we live in Virginia, getting a shot with snow still on the ground is rare. Nature has loaned us this lovely land!

Comment Like this photo? 6

This photo was taken just outside my garage after this last snowstorm! My son and son-in-law piled the snow to connect the car to the garage. My grandchildren and 2 neighbor children had a great time sliding down the hill.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

My daughter and I took him out one night and the snow was gently falling and the night was perfect. So, I showed him how to make one and then he made his first Snow angel and it came out perfect. Just had to share!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This is behind my house, and it had just snowed the night before. That is a huge hillside with a valley running below, and the Dunbar creek running through the valley.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

This photo was taken after the February storm, looking out our door at our deck. We received 4 feet of snow on the deck, which successfully blocked the door to our home.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This is a photo of an antique rake we have in our yard near the pond. I usually have mums and flowers of all sorts growing through-out the year around this nice piece of history.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

This picture was taken in January of 2006 in our front yard in Scottsdale, Arizona - where it "never" snows. We heard rain and headed for the windows to take a look since it doesn't rain much either.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

A early snow storm snuck up on us here on the farm. This is the view from my back porch, of the beauty of nature. Of course if you're driving to work today, you wouldn't share my views.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

We had a wonderful Christmas Day snow this year! It really made our holiday even more special! Everyone had an extra warm smile this Christmas!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6
Load More