Scenery: Crocus In Snow (Oregon)

We had a late snowstorm last week. We didn't get a ton of snow but it was enough to cancel school for the kids. My husband took some photos in the morning. I thought this one turned out particularly well. Can't wait for spring!

Crocus always make me think about my mom. I remember she used to call them "crokie dokies" and point them out. She was always waiting for spring too. :)

By Jess (TF Editor)

Crocuses look so fragile, but so brave, poking their sweet faces up through the snow. I love them, and when I see
my first ones, I know that winter is not going to be forever. They inspire me to start getting ready for a new spring.

Thank you Jess. Brrrrrrrrrr, it still looks cold though, doesn't it?

MisMachado

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Can see your Mom comes to mind so many times too. Sorely miss mine, wish I had told her more often how much I loved her. Now she is gone and it is too late.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

What a beautiful photo, Jess! I know you must miss your mom so very dearly because we miss her too. :-(

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your picture and comment about your mom touched me and brought tears to my eyes. My grandmother was blind but always walked and pointed out these little flowers she called "little chickens". The crocus was what she called the first sign of spring or rebirth and she couldn't even see the lovely signs she always pointed out. These are the little things we remember, huh? Thanks for the photo and the sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

It's a lovely photo. I know she would have been delighted. xo

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I know the feeling Jess. It's always the little things that keep them close to us, isn't it? When I cook, I have a few

things that my Mother used all the time, like a potato masher.

I have other, newer utensils that I could use, but I want to use the ones that her hands used so many times for us. It's good to remember and to treasure those memories.

Thank you for sharing your sweet little "crokie dokie" photo with us. You honor your mother's memory every time you
share her with others.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks for sharing, it's a beautiful picture!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenFebruary 28, 2011
🐛
📓
🌻