Scenery: Snow Storm (West Virginia)

This storm came early morning and lasted about 6 to 8 hours. It left us with 10 to 12 inches of snow. Many people were stranded on the interstate up to 10 hours. People had to leave the cars parked on the side of road. Many ran out of gas. Trees were uprooted and crashed on cars. Thousands lost their electricity.

Thankfully, we didn't lose our electric and stayed nice and warm in our home.This picture was taken off the deck in my yard in WV. The storm has been named "Fast and Furious!"

By dwedenoja

Anonymous

I love the first photo the best but both are awesome because you can see the snow flakes coming down! You should use the first one as next years Christmas card! :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

They are both so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Awesomely beautiful. Mysterious. Cold and Virginal. I'm so sorry for all the trouble it causes, but nothing can beat nature when it comes to beauty.
Thank you for sharing these great photos.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I have been in south Georgia since 1975, but when I see pictures like these, it still makes me homesick. Beautiful pictures.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hello from Canada,
Absolutely beautiful photos!! Would love to know the type of camera you used to take these.

monetgardening

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What beautiful scenes, especially the first one! I agree with Deeli - you should use it as a Christmas card or at least as a decoration. You must have a wonderful camera, and you know how to use it. I suggest you take a picture of the same scenery, from the same spot, in all 4 seasons - the set of photos would make a great wall display.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments on the first photo entry I have posted on Thrifty Fun.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thank you for the comments. I took a Photo last year & the year before & unused on a Christmas card.

I may use the first photo for this year. Thanks again.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I have a Samsung Digimax A7. I have have it for about 5 years. Really don't know how to use all the settings, I just point & click. Just learned how to post pics online!

Reply Like this photo? Yes