Browsing: Are the Dishes in the Dishwasher Clean or Dirty?

Clean or Dirty Dishwasher Indicator

Dishes would pile up in our house partially because nobody knew if the dishwasher was full of clean or dirty dishes. I was about to throw an old scratched CD away when this idea popped in my head, a recycled CD clean or dirty indicator! I quickly threw together this mock up of my idea. With a little extra time the finished product could look real nice.

• scratched CD
  • paper
  • scissors
  • packing tape
  • strong magnet
  • pen

Instructions:

1. Trace around a CD onto a piece of paper, and cut out the circle. Backside of CD

2. Draw a line down the middle. On one side write "Load Me Please" Load Me Please

and on the other half write "Unload Me Please." Unload Me Please On mine, I attempted to draw an overfull dishwasher on the unload me side and a hungry skinny dishwasher on the load me side. Clean Dirty Indicator

3. For those of you who just want a quick clean or dirty indicator, I've also included a simple clean and dirty image that you could print out and decorate. Clean Dirty Dishwasher Indicator

4. Place the paper on top of the CD and use packing tape to secure it to the CD. Clean Dirty Indicator

5. Tape a strong magnet to the back and place on your dishwasher. Back of CD with magnet taped on

Now all you have to do is remember to turn the CD each time you load or unload the dishwasher. Clean Dirty Indicator

By StellaBella from Manchester, WA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

All I use on my dishwasher is one piece of paper with a piece of tape on it saying "clean", and another piece of paper with tape on it saying "dirty". I keep these pieces of paper stuck to my fridge, and I take each one off the fridge as I need it and tape it to the dishwasher.

I have had no problems with anything from the tape sticking to either the fridge or the dishwasher, I simply put the one I need on the dishwasher, and the other on the fridge. Easy peesy! The dishwasher is either dirty or clean, the dirty dishwasher gets the dirty piece of paper, the clean dishwasher gets the clean piece of paper, and the family has no trouble figuring it out.

When we unload the dishwasher and load dirty dishes, we also load the soap dispenser. A loaded dispenser means dirty dishes ready to wash. A clean empty dispenser means clean dishes. We haven't been confused once using this simple (and hidden) clue. Even visitors recognize that a loaded dispenser means dirty dishes.

Dishwasher
Are the Dishes in the Dishwasher Clean or Dirty?
Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherMay 3, 2012
House Cleaning Tips, A woman with cleaning supplies after cleaning her kitchen.
Kitchen Cleaning Tips and Tricks
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Dishwasher with dishes in it.
Dishwasher Tips and Tricks
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 22, 2016 at 6:18:31 PM on 10.0.1.35 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.