Are the Dishes in the Dishwasher Clean or Dirty?

Category Dishes
It is not always easy to tell whether the dishwasher has been run yet or not, and you may need a way to let other household members know. This guide is about are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?

Here is a simple way to make a tag for your dishwasher to end the confusion of dishes that are "clean" or "dirty". I picked up free paint sample cards at my local department store, taped them back to back with double stick tape, and clipped them on the front of the dishwasher with a magnetic clip. You can simply write "clean" on one side and "dirty" on the other. Flip the card over as needed so everyone will know the status of the dishes inside. There are so many pretty colors available, you are sure to find ones that will coordinate with your kitchen.

By Lori from Maryville, TN

This is the easiest dishwasher magnet to make and will last for years. Take a clean plastic lid (I used an icing lid) and cut the edge off. Write "clean" on one side and "dirty" on the other with a Sharpie marker.

Use stick-on magnets with a really strong adhesive. Stick one on one side and one on the other.
That's it, you're done.

Immediately upon emptying my dishwasher I put the detergent in the cup. That way if the cup is closed, the dishes are dirty. I use the little packets and they don't dry out. Saves a lot of "are the dishes clean or dirty".

By Linda from Ashdown, AR

Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty? This is the easiest way to tell. Always make filling the soap dispenser the very last step of unloading the dishwasher. That way if the soap dispenser is filled (closed), the dishes are dirty and when empty (open), the dishes are clean.

Knowing whether or not the dishes in the dishwasher are clean can be a problem in some households. Make a clean or dirty dishwasher indicator to help alleviate this potential issue.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Is the family always asking if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean or dirty? Here's an easy method for them to know. I fill the dishwasher's soap dispenser whenever I place dirty dishes in the dishwasher, even if it's not full enough to run. If the soap dispenser is filled, the dishes are dirty. If the dispenser door is open or empty, the dishes are clean and ready to use or put away.

By Cheryl from Missouri

Answers:

Are the Dishes Clean or Dirty?

Hi Cheryl, Our detergent dispenser doesn't work so I just toss detergent into the bottom of the dishwasher, so even tho your way is real good idea it won't help in our case. I went to the office supply store and bought for practically pennies, a clip-on name badge. I took a bright colored index card and printed on one side DIRTY and on the other side CLEAN, and slipped it into the plastic sleeve on the badge.

When the dishwasher is open, I clip the badge to the edge of the top rack where it is very visible, indicating whether they are dirty or clean.

Lately I just clip the proper side showing from a cuphook on the wall above the dishwasher and that works just as well. (04/16/2005)

By Darween

Are the Dishes Clean or Dirty?

I never use the dry cycle in my dishwasher. I unlatch it, and dry the bottoms of the cups with my tea towel, then let them air dry. (that way, there isn't a stain from the puddle on the bottoms of the cups)

Then, I just drape the tea towel over top of the cups in the upper rack until someone (usually me! grrr) puts them away. If it's inconvenient to leave the door open, I just push it up so that it is partially closed enough not to fall open, but leaving a bit of space for air to dry the rest. (10/08/2006)

By Ann

Are the Dishes Clean or Dirty?

I use 2 dragon fly magnets. 1 is brown-(dirty dishes), the other is pink (clean dishes). Just don't forget to change the pink magnet to brown when your done unloading the clean dishes. (01/05/2008)

By Diane C- Modesto, CA.