Are the Dishes Clean or Dirty?

Here is a simple way to make a tag for your dishwasher to end the confusion of dishes that are "clean" or "dirty". I picked up free paint sample cards at my local department store, taped them back to back with double stick tape, and clipped them on the front of the dishwasher with a magnetic clip. You can simply write "clean" on one side and "dirty" on the other. Flip the card over as needed so everyone will know the status of the dishes inside. There are so many pretty colors available, you are sure to find ones that will coordinate with your kitchen.

By Lori from Maryville, TN

I fill the soap dish as soon as I empty the dishwasher, if the soap dish is closed: dirty! open/empty: clean!, works around here and easy for me to ask 2 teenage boys to start the dishwasher when all they have to do is lock and start (I know, I know).

Anonymous

I love the color co-ordinating idea with the paint chip samples! What I do is: If the latch is locked, they are clean. If the latch is unlocked, they are dirty. But then again I live alone so don't have to worry about my rule being broken. ;-) LOL!

How about keep the door latched if the dishes are clean-unlatch the door if the dishes are not cleaned yet. Just a thought.

That's a good idea-easier than the way I did it. I made a 2 sided tag on a loop of yarn & hung it on a sticky-backed hook I put on dishwasher. Now I have something I bought for that purpose.It's a round magnet with a "spinner" on it.

Half black for "dirty" & half white for "clean", spin it so top is whatever the dishes are it works great until the grandkids come over & spin the dial!

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJune 25, 2010
🐛
📓
🌻