Removing Lettering From a Van - Categories:

AutoCleaning

Removing Lettering From a Van

How do you remove sign writing from a van (self adhesive lettering).

Dave from Chorley

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Spray it with spray oil used for cooking. I use this to get old parking permits off of the inside windshield. Spray it so it is soaked. Then you can scrape it off easily

Try a blow dryer, I've taken off bumper stickers and detailing from my car before with one, it loosens the adhesive afterwards I used some "Goo Gone" remover to get the residue off.

We used to use a hot blow drier to get these signs off our van fleet. It worked well for us.

I just stripped a huge tool truck and half way through using the blow dryer a friend said that WD-40 sprayed would help. Let the WD soak in and it comes off a lot easier. This is what he used for Postal Vehicles.

If you use a hair blower to remove the adhesive lettering be careful you don't also scorch the paint.There are mechanical methods to remove the lettering but you need to buy those items.Not practical for one time use.So take it to a body shop who would have those items to remove the lettering.I have those items at home so I did it to my car.Only takes a few minutes.

Best method I have found is to use a steam wallpaper remover. Don't use the panel style attachment but simply direct the steam at the decal, start to peel and 'steam' as you peel it off. Credit card not even needed for this method :)

Googone from wal-mart works the best.

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoSeptember 12, 2006
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Woman Writing Calligraphy
Using Calligraphy in Craft Projects
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 12:02:19 AM on 10.0.0.107 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.