Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Noodle Recipes Without Cheese, Tomato Sauce, or Butter

I am looking for simple noodle recipes that do not use cheese, tomato sauce, or butter. Thank you in advance.

By Randa

By Linda09/10/2010

Simple Sesame Noodles
12 oz thin noodles cooked and drained
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sugar
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
3 tablespoons Hot Chili Oil
2 tablespoons Canola oil
2 tablespoons hot water
4 whole green onions, sliced thin
Wisk all ingredients except noodles together in a bowl. Pour sauce over warm or cold noodles and toss to coat enjoy!

By linda lush [67]09/10/2010

Can do chicken and noodles, or add noodles to soup.

By Anonymous [848]09/10/2010

A very simple thing I do is cook pasta al dente, drain, place a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet, heat over medium, add minced garlic to taste, sauté for a minute, place pasta in the skillet and stir all to coat. Simple, flavorful and health. ;-)

By cettina [74]09/10/2010

Try a spoonful of pesto sauce, you can buy it in a jar at the supermarket and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss and mix in.

By Dorothy [1]09/10/2010

This tastes like you bought it at your local Chinese restaurant!

Homemade LoMein
Cook any spaghetti, I've used whole grain or regular
Saute onion & carrots in a little oil. When soft, add some frozen peas, that you have heated. Remove from stove and toss in hot spaghetti. Stir in 1 part oyster sauce to 2 parts soy sauce. Taste and add more soy or oyster sauce to taste.
Sometimes I add shrimp. If you want to also, add it when the onions/carrots are almost cooked.

This is so yummy and quick!

By Deborah Jones09/10/2010

How 'bout beef and noodles. Google for recipes.

By Colleen Stuchal [4]09/10/2010

1 bag noodles
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can milk (use soup can to measure)
1 package frozen mixed veggies

Boil the noodles for 6 minutes, drain place in 9 x 13 baking dish, stir milk into soup, add veggies, pour over noodles and stir. Bake in 350* oven for about 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly

By Lisa [2]09/07/2010

How about a stir fry? Sometimes I'll do this with ramen, or some flat noodles (looks sort of like fettuccine) from the oriental food store. Boil the noodles, but not too long (shorter than if you were making soup). Drain and rinse the noodles. Stir fry some veggies with whatever meat you happen to have around (sliced leftover chicken, pork, steak, whatever -- or you could even skip the meat!). When the veggies look about done, toss in the noodles. Fry a little bit longer, seasoning and mixing everything together. You can be creative with the seasoning, but just using some of the ramen seasoning packet is easy (I never use the entire amount, too much salt!). And you're done!

I'm making this tonight. I'm using a bag of frozen stir fry veggies, and some leftover meat from a tri-tip roast we grilled this weekend. It's easy and fast.