Refrigerate Facial Moisturizer In The Summer

Here is a cool summer tip. Put your face cream/moisturizer in the refrigerator! It is so cool when you apply to your face and neck.

By Vivian from Longs, SC

That sounds so wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

If you will place a very warm wet washcloth on your face before adding that cold moisturizer, you will also accomplish another important part of moisturizing. Opening the pores first with the very warm wet washcloth helps the skin to take in and absorb the maximum amount of the moisturizer. The "cold" then closes and tightens the skin to hold all that good moisturizer

in. Try it, and in less than a week, you will see a difference.

This was taught to me more than 50 years ago by an Elizabeth Arden Rep. and I've followed her instructions all my life since. This technique works great on dry arms, hands, feet and legs as well. It's very comforting, too.

Thanks for the "cool" (literally) moisturizing tips. ;D Great ideas! I also put my body spritzer sprays in the refrigerator. These are light...mostly water with great scents like coconut, vanilla, verbena, etc. Then spray myself when I come in from gardening, playing tennis, after walks, just anytime it's HOT outside. Feels great and the smell is therapeutic! Enjoy! ;D

Woman putting on Lotion
Moisturizing Tips and Techniques
Health & Beauty BeautyJuly 20, 2010
Homemade Moisturizer in a jar near a fern leaf
Homemade Moisturizer Recipes
Bottle of olive oil with olive branch in the foreground.
Using Olive Oil as a Moisturizer
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Woman putting moisturizer on her hands.
Removing Moisturizer Stains from Clothing