Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

How can I remove Stitch Witchery residue?

By Diane from Tonawanda, NY

By Janette [77]01/11/2011

Try hand sanitizer to remove the stitch wichery. This is what I used to remove it from my iron. Worked great.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

I made a major mistake when hemming a pair of polyester dress pants. I used Stitch Witchery, but I failed to turn one of the legs wrong side out and had one hem inside and the other leg hemmed on the outside. I reheated the wrong one and pulled it apart, but I can't get rid of the Stitch Witchery. It shows up as a shiny mess on the outside of the pant leg. I have tried to reheat it with a cloth on top of it and tried to get it off that way, but no luck. Does anyone know any way to remove this mess?

Granny 66 from Coshocton, OH

RE: Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

Try Ungu or Goo Gone. Then wash item. Have you considered contacting the makers of Stitch Witchery and asking them? (03/20/2008)

By thriftmeg

RE: Removing Stitch Witchery Residue