Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

If you make a mistake using Stitch Witchery, you will be left with a sticky residue that can be difficult to remove. This page offers advice about how to remove Stitch Witchery residue.

January 10, 2011 Flag

How can I remove Stitch Witchery residue?

By Diane from Tonawanda, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Try hand sanitizer to remove the stitch wichery. This is what I used to remove it from my iron. Worked great.

January 10, 2011 Flag

I made a major mistake when hemming a pair of polyester dress pants. I used Stitch Witchery, but I failed to turn one of the legs wrong side out and had one hem inside and the other leg hemmed on the outside. I reheated the wrong one and pulled it apart, but I can't get rid of the Stitch Witchery. It shows up as a shiny mess on the outside of the pant leg. I have tried to reheat it with a cloth on top of it and tried to get it off that way, but no luck. Does anyone know any way to remove this mess?

Granny 66 from Coshocton, OH

Answers:

Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

Try Ungu or Goo Gone. Then wash item. Have you considered contacting the makers of Stitch Witchery and asking them? (03/20/2008)

By thriftmeg

RE: Removing Stitch Witchery Residue

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts SewingFebruary 14, 2017
Removing a bandaid and leaving behind some adhesive residue.
Removing Adhesive Residue on Skin
Leather Jacket
Removing Sticky Residue from Name Tag on Leather Jacket
tape rolls
Removing Tape Residue From Walls
Crochet a Chain Stitch
How to Crochet a Chain Stitch
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:43:12 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.