Browsing: Surprise 30th Birthday Party Ideas

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

My husband is turning 30 this year and I wanted to have a surprise birthday party. He is a die hard Chicago Bears fan so I am going with a football theme. I plan on having a karaoke machine with music from the year he was born. I need some suggestions on what else to plan for the party. Thanks.

By Sandra from Midland, TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Here's the website for the Chicago Bears. They have lots of gift ideas, fan memberships, etc.

http://www.chicagobears.com/index2.html

Why not include lots of music from when he was a teenager? And room for dancing! and make it like a tailgate party when watching a game! lots of hot chicken wings, chili, etc.

August 15, 2011 Flag

I'm throwing a surprise party for my husband's 30th birthday. His parents are in on it. Should I invite my parents and others in his family? My sister and brother in law will be there too, as they are close with us. I don't want my parents or his other local family members to feel left out, but I am not sure how common it is for a lot of family at a 30th birthday celebration.

By Sophie M.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Why wouldn't you invite your parents? Your hubby is their son now too! How large of a party and whether or not to invite extended family members is up to both you and your hubby's parents.

Keep the party casual, no time frames on anything, and after the initial surprise! people can leave when they like.

You can invite as many people as you want and I would be very hurt if I wasn't invited to my SIL's party. The more the merrier! PBP

I think you should invite anyone that you think would like to come! Certainly invite family members. Why not?

October 1, 2010 Flag

My sister is turning 30 this April and I wanted to throw a surprise party for her. She is my best friend and she deserves one especially with everything she's been through this past year. Can someone please help and give me some advice on to how to plan this. Much appreciated!

Stephanie from Trenton, NJ

January 28, 2009 Flag

My friend is turning 30 in February and I would like to throw her a surprise party. She is a single mom living in a small town like me. I am having problems coming up with ideas of a theme or what to do for her. She would freak if we did it at her house so I think a bar/restaurant would be the place to be. It has to be kid friendly too. She's not into drinking anymore but loves music, theater and her daughter the most! Help, we don't have a big budget and it's an hour away from where I live.

Kimm from Minnesota

Answers:

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

First off, I believe you're a "true blue" friend. Hope your birthday girl knows how blessed she is to have a friend in you. Most "chain" restaurants can help put together a nice party to fit your budget. For our son's first leave out of Marine Corps basic training, we got a few of his friends and some of the family together at our local Fazoli's - an Italian-food chain restaurant.

Then again, your friend may want something a little more adult. And of course you don't have to serve dinner; light refreshments will work, too, especially if the party isn't at a regular mealtime. My youngest son's sweetheart made some really delicious finger foods with mini-franks. She "barbecued" them (she may have just brushed on a little BBQ sauce and popped them in the microwave,) then skewered them with plain wooden toothpicks. They weren't terribly expensive, but tasted good and "felt" fancy.

May I suggest one "don't" for this party? Since many women start feeling self-conscious about their age when they hit this milestone, I wouldn't use any of those silly "over the hill" decorations, cards or jokes. Hope these few thoughts help. (12/20/2008)

By JustPlainJo

December 17, 2008 Flag

I'm currently attempting to put together a 30th Birthday Party for my boyfriend. He's new to the Boston area so I thought the best possible gift would be to invite his friends from Florida up for the weekend to surprise him and they could have a boys weekend out on the town. After secret conversations and efforts were made one of the friends decided to call my boyfriend and tell him the whole plan.

So now, I'm back to square one. The friends are still coming up to "surprise" him but I'm trying to think of something different to throw in that is apart of our weekend fun. He doesn't like to gamble. He also doesn't like the spot light. He's huge into Irish culture and music but the friends that are coming into town like to go to clubs. What ideas can you come up with to help me surprise him on his special day in February? Thanks for all your help!

Monique from Boston, MA

Answers:

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

My husband's 30th birthday is coming up. I have a plan. I made dinner reservations, which he thinks will be just for the two of us. But little does he know, 4 friends will be waiting for us. Then we're all heading to the this little dessert place where there be some more friends waiting. Then I'm bringing him to a piano bar where there will be more friends waiting there. It'll be like 3 mini surprise parties! (11/13/2008)

By Mary

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

My husband loves soccer and especially Liverpool. It's the first year we celebrate his birthday together because I use to live overseas. So I would like to know some ideas about what kind of gift I can give him. What kind of party can I manage for him? I really want something special specially because he will be 30:) Thank you (12/04/2008)

By josbrit

November 13, 2008 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Surprised woman and a group of friends with a cake
Surprise 30th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayOctober 1, 2010
Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
30th Anniversary Gift
30th Anniversary Gift Ideas
30th Birthday Party
30th Birthday Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 3, 2016 at 11:20:41 AM on 10.0.0.157 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.