Surprise 30th Birthday Party

My husband is turning 30 this year and I wanted to have a surprise birthday party. He is a die hard Chicago Bears fan so I am going with a football theme. I plan on having a karaoke machine with music from the year he was born. I need some suggestions on what else to plan for the party. Thanks.

By Sandra from Midland, TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Here's the website for the Chicago Bears. They have lots of gift ideas, fan memberships, etc.

http://www.chicagobears.com/index2.html

Why not include lots of music from when he was a teenager? And room for dancing! and make it like a tailgate party when watching a game! lots of hot chicken wings, chili, etc.

Answer

I'm throwing a surprise party for my husband's 30th birthday. His parents are in on it. Should I invite my parents and others in his family? My sister and brother in law will be there too, as they are close with us. I don't want my parents or his other local family members to feel left out, but I am not sure how common it is for a lot of family at a 30th birthday celebration.

By Sophie M.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think you should invite anyone that you think would like to come! Certainly invite family members. Why not?

Read More Answers...

My sister is turning 30 this April and I wanted to throw a surprise party for her. She is my best friend and she deserves one especially with everything she's been through this past year. Can someone please help and give me some advice on to how to plan this. Much appreciated!

Stephanie from Trenton, NJ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My friend is turning 30 in February and I would like to throw her a surprise party. She is a single mom living in a small town like me. I am having problems coming up with ideas of a theme or what to do for her. She would freak if we did it at her house so I think a bar/restaurant would be the place to be. It has to be kid friendly too. She's not into drinking anymore but loves music, theater and her daughter the most! Help, we don't have a big budget and it's an hour away from where I live.

Kimm from Minnesota

Answers:

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

First off, I believe you're a "true blue" friend. Hope your birthday girl knows how blessed she is to have a friend in you. Most "chain" restaurants can help put together a nice party to fit your budget. For our son's first leave out of Marine Corps basic training, we got a few of his friends and some of the family together at our local Fazoli's - an Italian-food chain restaurant.

Then again, your friend may want something a little more adult. And of course you don't have to serve dinner; light refreshments will work, too, especially if the party isn't at a regular mealtime. My youngest son's sweetheart made some really delicious finger foods with mini-franks. She "barbecued" them (she may have just brushed on a little BBQ sauce and popped them in the microwave,) then skewered them with plain wooden toothpicks. They weren't terribly expensive, but tasted good and "felt" fancy.

May I suggest one "don't" for this party? Since many women start feeling self-conscious about their age when they hit this milestone, I wouldn't use any of those silly "over the hill" decorations, cards or jokes. Hope these few thoughts help. (12/20/2008)

By JustPlainJo

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm currently attempting to put together a 30th Birthday Party for my boyfriend. He's new to the Boston area so I thought the best possible gift would be to invite his friends from Florida up for the weekend to surprise him and they could have a boys weekend out on the town. After secret conversations and efforts were made one of the friends decided to call my boyfriend and tell him the whole plan.

So now, I'm back to square one. The friends are still coming up to "surprise" him but I'm trying to think of something different to throw in that is apart of our weekend fun. He doesn't like to gamble. He also doesn't like the spot light. He's huge into Irish culture and music but the friends that are coming into town like to go to clubs. What ideas can you come up with to help me surprise him on his special day in February? Thanks for all your help!

Monique from Boston, MA

Answers:

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

My husband's 30th birthday is coming up. I have a plan. I made dinner reservations, which he thinks will be just for the two of us. But little does he know, 4 friends will be waiting for us. Then we're all heading to the this little dessert place where there be some more friends waiting. Then I'm bringing him to a piano bar where there will be more friends waiting there. It'll be like 3 mini surprise parties! (11/13/2008)

By Mary

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

My husband loves soccer and especially Liverpool. It's the first year we celebrate his birthday together because I use to live overseas. So I would like to know some ideas about what kind of gift I can give him. What kind of party can I manage for him? I really want something special specially because he will be 30:) Thank you (12/04/2008)

By josbrit

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My husband is turning 30 in April and I need ideas as far as celebrating. He does not want a party, however I would like to do something that involves some of our close friends and family. He is really into cycling right now. However I'm not sure what to do since he does not want one.

Crystal from Pasadena, CA

Answers:

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

If he doesn't want a "surprise" party, perhaps you could invite people to cycle to a local destination for a surprise "picnic." For my husband's big day, we made a "time capsule" and everyone had to bring something to put in the capsule about the times and the birthday person. Then we "buried" the time capsule in the attic with the names of all in attendance at the party. It turned out to be great, great fun! (01/18/2008)

By Carol

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

He said he doesn't want a party. Wouldn't a quiet celebration for just the two of you be more special than making him think you don't respect his wishes (I've been married for 40 years, I've learned lol)? It's a special day for his mom too. If they live nearby, perhaps suggest going out to dinner with his parents. They'll appreciate you for it. (01/18/2008)

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

My husband doesn't want a party either. So I have to make this something he will really love. He is a sushi freak! We have a friend who is a sushi chef and he has agreed to come and make sushi for the party. He recommended charging $15 per couple to help cover the cost instead of any gifts. I also love the time capsule idea and the casino idea. I think I will implement both of those at the party. (02/05/2008)

By Aimee

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

I am planning a 30th birthday party celebration for my husband this month. Since February is the month of love, friendship and so forth, I plan on decorating with valentine decoration except that it will not say "Happy Valentines". Instead, I will only use the color red, black and maybe white and I will also decorate with hearts and roses. Do you think it's a cheesy theme for a 30th birthday? Let's remember that I will celebrate his birthday 2days after Valentines. (02/09/2008)

By Wendy

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

Hi! My husband's 30th birthday is on April 28 and I have been racking my brain for something. Originally I was going to take him to Las Vegas and have family and close friends there as a surprise - but we couldn't work it out with everyone's schedule, but I still think it's a great idea if you have a small number of people.

He also loves snakes and used to joke that he wanted a snake party like little boys get. Soooo... his mother and I booked him a snake party today. They apparently have done adult parties before and promised to make it on par for adults. He is going to be so excited. We are making it a complete surprise for EVERYONE, including the guests. We are telling my husband that everyone in the family is getting together the Sunday before his birthday to celebrate his day, and then surprise him with his snake party and guests.

His parents have a nice little house on 2/3 of an acre so I thought we might do tex-mex for food with beer and margaritas. I also want to maybe have a pinata full of adult interests like alcohol and lottery tickets. I'm going to decorate with framed pictures of him growing up in different sizes and am commissioning a caricature artist to sketch a large picture of him and matte it for guests to sign around to commemorate the party. I'm also considering including a 'memories' page with the guests invitations - so they can fill it out and read it at the party and if they can't make it - mail it back to me so he has it. I also thought making buttons for the guests to wear and a special t-shirt for the birthday boy. Happy planning to all!

(03/10/2008)

By Darcy

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

I recommend a Casino Themed House party. (04/14/2008)

By Crystal

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

I threw my husband a surprise 30th party a couple years ago and it was great. It was in December and close to Christmas, so I had my friend send us an invitation in the mail to her Friends & Family Christmas party. My husband didn't want to go, but agreed to anyways. He was so shocked when we walked in and everyone yelled "surprise!". We had a nice evening and I made a DVD of his 30 years using a couple songs and pictures of him growing up until the present with pics of us together...the best song choice was...My Next 30 years by Tim McGraw. Everyone loved the video! (07/16/2008)

By Linda

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

Why not send your husband a "SURPRISE" he'll remember forever.
On my husbands 30th Birthday we sent him a Big Sign on the front yard with a lot of little signs. It was a giant cake with candles and cupcakes and Happy 30th Birthday TEDDY written across the lawn, for all our friends and family to see!
Our neighbors would HONK their horn in a Happy Birthday gesture and some stopped by to wish him a Happy Birthday! They even left us a framed picture when they came to pick it up. He says to this day that "I got him!" and wait until it's my turn. All in good fun! We used *FUNNYYARDCARDRENTAL.com but there are locations everywhere. Their website now has links to other states that do this too. In case you're not in Central Florida, Orlando area.
I'm planning on using this again for His "Over the Hill" surprise next! shhh... (08/07/2008)

By Apopka

Surprise 30th Birthday Party

I threw a 30th surprise party for my mum after looking at this website and seeing some fantastic ideas, my mum loved her 30th that I planned! (09/18/2008)

By jade

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Surprised woman and a group of friends with a cake
Surprise 30th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayOctober 1, 2010
Surprise 16th Birthday Party
Surprise 16th Birthday Party Ideas
30th Anniversary Gift
30th Anniversary Gift Ideas
30th Birthday Party
30th Birthday Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 4:07:00 PM on 10.0.2.53 in 960 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.